Eriksson traditional Mora knives on EvilBay

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JimH

Nomad
Dec 21, 2004
Stalybridge
AJB said:
Hi Jim,

Thanks for the choice, but I can’t make my mind up!!!!

So probably the fairest thing to do is still take what’s left and let people who really want one or the other get the size they are after. I’ll leave it up to you.

No worries. I'll toss a coin and let you know....

List now:

Me(JimH) 1 each size
Isshogai 1L
marcja 1S
Rhodri 1L
Toddy 1 of each
AJB 1S - Result of coin-toss
Phil652 1L
ssj 1S prepare for eyewatering postage cost to Colorado!
Bob 1S
Raskusdrotti 1L
Khimbar 1 of each
Wentworth 1S prepare for even more eyewatering post to Oz!
Flibb 1 L

You could allus order 1 of each just to be sure :D :D :D

Still 2L, 2S up for grabs. UKP6.70 each plus shipping. See earlier posts for other details.

Jim.

wentworth

Settler
Aug 16, 2004
Australia
eek!
If the postage turns out to be more than the price of the knife, I may have to vacate my place to one of the more derserving UK based members!
*clicks ruby slippers together hoping against hope for cheap postage*

JimH

Nomad
Dec 21, 2004
Stalybridge
wentworth said:
eek!
If the postage turns out to be more than the price of the knife, I may have to vacate my place to one of the more derserving UK based members!
*clicks ruby slippers together hoping against hope for cheap postage*

Well, after a quick check, it shouldn't be quite that bad.

I haven't accurately weighed the item, but airmail to Oz is around UKP4.60 for 200g. I think the mora weighs a good bit less (my Fallkniven Frej weighs in at 190 and is *much* chunkier). Wild guess, around 3-4 quid.

Correspondingly less for the USA, ssj. Reckon about UKP2.50-3.00.

Figures exclude any insurance/ special delivery, just plain airmail.

Surface mail is a fair bit cheaper, but will take an age.

More precise figures when I've a packaged up sample each size to weigh...

Jim.

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
Listen Jim,

It’s bad enough that you’re publicising the fact that I was “unplanned” but “AJB - got a small one” is fighting talk where I come from!

:D

JimH

Nomad
Dec 21, 2004
Stalybridge
All now (provisionally)spoken for.

List now:

Me(JimH) 1 each size
Isshogai 1L
marcja 1S
Rhodri 1L
Toddy 1 of each
AJB 1S - Result of coin-toss
Phil652 1L
ssj 1S prepare for eyewatering postage cost to Colorado!
Bob 1S
Raskusdrotti 1L
Khimbar 1 of each
Wentworth 1S prepare for even more eyewatering post to Oz!
Flibb 1L
Maverick 1 of each
Leon-1 1S
Beaakytzw 1L

I am in receipt of a parcel, to be picked up, and I hope it's the knives.

If so I'll try and get 'em packed, weighed and costed for postage, and bung details up, including payment mechanisms.

I'll be dispatching them on receipt of payment, so watch this space...

Jim.

Big Geordie

Nomad
Jul 17, 2005
Bonny Scotland
Hi Jim, I know its a bit late. I've only just joined the forum. Any chance of one or am I too late? Idealy a 9 but at this stage I would be grateful for either. Happy to pay cheque or paypal etc. So good to find a forum like this.
Many thanks.
Geordie

JimH

Nomad
Dec 21, 2004
Stalybridge
Big Geordie said:
Hi Jim, I know its a bit late. I've only just joined the forum. Any chance of one or am I too late? Idealy a 9 but at this stage I would be grateful for either. Happy to pay cheque or paypal etc. So good to find a forum like this.
Many thanks.
Geordie

Late to the party, I'm afraid.

The goods are here, I've yet to quote prices. If anyone drops out, you are 1st reserve.

PS, all, A quick look reveals that not all are Erikssons. The 9" (L) versions are E.Jonsson Knivar #2 and, unless I'm much mistaken, are stainless, not carbon. Still nice, though.

Details later.

Jim.

Rhodri

Forager
Nov 12, 2004
Suffolk
JimH said:
PS, all, A quick look reveals that not all are Erikssons. The 9" (L) versions are E.Jonsson Knivar #2 and, unless I'm much mistaken, are stainless, not carbon. Still nice, though.

Details later.

Jim.

Hi JimH,

Doh! I was particularly after an Eriksson carbon a la Mors Kochanski, so I'll drop my order for the large one if that's OK.

Welcome BigGeordie - you can have mine...

Is that OK JimH?

Cheers,
Rod

JimH

Nomad
Dec 21, 2004
Stalybridge
Rhodri said:
Hi JimH,

Doh! I was particularly after an Eriksson carbon a la Mors Kochanski, so I'll drop my order for the large one if that's OK.

Welcome BigGeordie - you can have mine...

Is that OK JimH?

Cheers,
Rod

Raskusdrotti has dropped out, too due pressure of other new kit ;-)

BigGeordie now sorted, but other dropouts due to stainlessness are understandable.

Does anyone have any idea how I can be sure? I'm just going from appearance and the lack of protective grease.

Would a magnet test be in any way indicative ??

Jim.

JimH

Nomad
Dec 21, 2004
Stalybridge
leon-1 said:
I don't think a magnet test would do much to be honest.

And I dont suppose any of them would be as helpfull as to have "rostfri" or something along those lines stamped on them anywhere :eek:

My order holds any which way :D

No other marks that I spotted, but it was a quick glimpse on my way out the door. I'll post more when I've had a proper look...

Ho hum.

Jim.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE