Epping Forest

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
Can you camp in epping forest? I know theres a couple of camp sites on the edge. If anyones ever camped there or surrounding sites is there ever a problem with knifes/axes etc?

Cheers

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Scott - if your interested in Epping forest the best place to go is Debden Green.

The site always you to camp and have a fire. Your governed by forest bye laws on wood collection but that isnt a problems as long as your sensible.

The site is pretty crowded sometimes but I have run courses there when I worked for Woodlore and privately both with equal success.

When you planing on going down there? I'll be spending a weekend over there in July probably teaching my son and nephews how to make fire by friction or some such.

OH ya and you can't legally camp in the forest itself again Bye laws forbid it - if you want to know the byelaws or anything else about the forest visit the information centre at High Beechs - thats where the field studies council run courses too.

Hope that helped and if you ever see a bloke walking a dog that looks like an arctic wolf over there sat hello it'll be me!

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
Ok then cool

Hopefully i can go up there next month with my dad. I might see you there.

P.S I'm very interested in the wetterlings small hunting axe on bearclawbushcraft!

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Who is your dad? Is he on BCUK?

The small hunting Axe that we sell is fecellent Scott but i cant sell one to minors - guess you'll have to get Dad to buy you one! :0:

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
Gary said:
Who is your dad? Is he on BCUK?

No, the bugger! But he kind of enjoys bushcraft, he went on a course with me last month and said he enjoyed it.

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Bob dont say that - Epping is my play ground too, I dont want it reduced to kindling - scary thought!

grumit

Settler
Nov 5, 2003
guernsey
be careful lads scott has aready woodchipped every bit of wood he can find and is getting frostrated has he cant get out to get more :-D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE