Enzo Trapper with Reindeer Scales

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bigroomboy

Nomad
Jan 24, 2010
West Midlands
I have an enzo trapper in O1 i made up last year, i love it to bits because i made it bur its not a patch on that.

the only thing i would say is i found the bevels not to be very flat. took me ages to flatten on the stones. how was yours?

Sparrowhawk

Sep 8, 2010
Huddersfield
Hi all,
Sorry for the lack of replyage. All the comments are very much appreciated. I think he will like it, and hopefully it will inspire him to use it. He is an outdoorsman at heart, but not a real woodsman.
I have an enzo trapper in O1 i made up last year, i love it to bits because i made it bur its not a patch on that.

the only thing i would say is i found the bevels not to be very flat. took me ages to flatten on the stones. how was yours?

I find the same mate, but rather than try to flatten them I polish the bevels by stropping them with micromesh. This takes a good while, and doesn't do anything to get rid of the slightly convex grind, but at least they come up shiny and extremely sharp. After that, all they should ever need is a good strop or a few swipes over a fine ceramic sharpening rod.

All the best,

JH

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Hi all,
Sorry for the lack of replyage. All the comments are very much appreciated. I think he will like it, and hopefully it will inspire him to use it. He is an outdoorsman at heart, but not a real woodsman.

I find the same mate, but rather than try to flatten them I polish the bevels by stropping them with micromesh. This takes a good while, and doesn't do anything to get rid of the slightly convex grind, but at least they come up shiny and extremely sharp.

All the best,

JH

True Scandi's are supposed to have a slightly convex grind - it makes them easier to sharpen, when they flatten down you're traditionally supposed to get them re ground.

Albus Culter

Maker
Jan 14, 2013
West Yorkshire
Stunning job. As commented before the detail of the box, etc makes a great keepsake.
The reindeer however is amazing. Nice sheath too. Would love a go at a similar project and that image will stick. Mosaic pins may be worth a try too. Very impressed :You_Rock_

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE