Ennerdale wander

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

shutz

Forager
Jan 5, 2011
cumbria
Hi folks just thought i'd share my latest exploits, walking up on the fells around ennerdale to have a look at a bit of woodland but just a good excuse to get out for the day really.

Had a look at the map prior and although the terrain looked a bit hard work it was at least a direct route....didn't quite think how hard. (note to self pay a LOT more attention to the map!!!)

Anyway managed the climb to be met with low cloud cover. Not great when trying to spot features but at least we had the compass. Got to the top of the fell and from there the wood soon appeard through the mist/cloud. Plantaintion forrest but we managed to find some lovely little secluded spots within that open out (think little glade!). I think it would make a good quiet spot for an overnighter.... shhh!! Anyway the plan was to have a bite to eat there so out with the crusader and erm moments...... later tomato pasta.

Back on the trail we planned to drop through the woods via the bridleway..no heres the rub. My sense of direction is pretty good normally (remebering where we've been and where we're going and knowing what to look for) but i got a bit screwed up in the woods. When we left i'd manaaged a full 180 without realising!! I have never done that before!! Quick look at the map and change of plan and we found ourselves going down a ghill (planned this time honest!) in to oak ash woodland, trouble is there are no flat spaces here as its on the side of the hill but perhaps good for a hammock? Dead chuffed though found a few birch polypores on a dead tree, took the smallest one to add to the tinder box ( its sat on the radiator now drying). Back on the lake shore it was an easy wander back to the motor, with time for one last brew looking up the lake, something i never tier of looking at.
Soon after found some cramp balls too. Been looking for these for a while.
Anyway heres the photos (or links to cause i must be a bit of a thicko with this posting stuff)
Cheers.

5438656945_7eca831144.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Ha haaa....sussed the photos......

5438842217_7d1d1dd600.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

5439393280_bf41264374.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

5438843617_2bd5ccefd9.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

5439419462_85d1130759.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

5439421938_7d4084e3b4.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

5438828635_d69f1efda0.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

5439265970_86fe60dc5a.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Last edited:

Radix lecti

Native
Jan 15, 2006
Gloucester
Great pictures and views there shutz, man i feel envious,i was last up near your way about 23 years ago (Warcop army camp) and would love to get back up round that way. What a great place for a brew. Thanks for sharing.Cheers.

Daz

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE