english longbow

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghound

Nov 10, 2012
doagh
I have a 5 laminate english longbow with a crack low down in the belly. I have still been shooting it but it could go at any time, but it might be of interest to someone who wants to strip back the belly and make it good.
Being a 5 laminate the belly is quite shallow so it should be an easy fix to someone with patience.
I can take a few pics tomorrow if anyone is interested, it's 75'' long and 47lb at 28'' draw.

Beefy0978

Forager
Jul 18, 2012
South west
I could make some fancy dibbers out of it if you like? I'll send you one back nicely polished as a momento!
:lmao:
Ah ignore us. Get your pickies up so we can comment properly.
;-)

nuggets

Native
Jan 31, 2010
england
As said above, same goes for non-serious comments. If have you nothing constructive to add / aren't genuinely interested, you refrain from posting in Swap threads or Sale threads. Anyone who doesn't will be carded or banned.

Johan
Forum Admin

Last edited by a moderator:

Lupin Rider

Mar 15, 2009
uk
I wouldnt trust changing one laminate layer, why has it cracked, using it in that condition will have likey have put furthur stress on the other layerswhat has that doento the other layers.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Please note.
Item is accurately described. If someone chooses to trade that is entirely upto them.
Negative comments are not helpful to trade. Please do not do it.

True but worth pointing out the dangers involved in a bow breaking as someone from outside the sport may not understand the implications. A bow snapping on the draw can be very dangerous. It can easily take an eye out or a fair chunk of flesh. This is not communicated in the OP and the opposite is implied given the OP is still shooting it.

Lupin Rider

Mar 15, 2009
uk
True but worth pointing out the dangers involved in a bow breaking as someone from outside the sport may not understand the implications. A bow snapping on the draw can be very dangerous. It can easily take an eye out or a fair chunk of flesh. This is not communicated in the OP and the opposite is implied given the OP is still shooting it.

I and others agree totally. Just as i would intervene to keep some one safe on a site at work, pointing out the inherent hazard here even it if is partly in jest as some did above is a valid post.

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
I wouldnt trust changing one laminate layer, why has it cracked, using it in that condition will have likey have put furthur stress on the other layerswhat has that doento the other layers.

as an additional point it seems more common these days that it used to be for mods to edit write over others posts.

This in my view is contrary to the spirit of this forum and indicative of the change in feel some others have noted.

certainly the overlay above in red ink i find crass.

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45

Tony said:
1 - Community and site moderation
Admin and Moderators on bushcraft uk will use the rules and their own judgement to moderate. They have full authority to act when & how they see fit and all members should abide by what they suggest or enforce. Due to bushcraft uk being a private forum the admin and moderators act on behalf of the owner and enforce the rules and standards set out here and those given to them verbally.

Guidance for members: Abide by the decisions of the moderators, do not argue or challenge them on the forums. If you disagree with a decision contact them or admin via PM and state clearly and politely your concerns and they will be dealt with. An alternative is to use the report post function with an explanation. Anyone being argumentative, rude or a consistent nuisance will be carded or banned.

Be patient, sometimes things cannot be addressed straight away.

It is expected that members of bushcraft uk will self moderate, if this is done the moderator team will not have to moderate members or threads.

You're carded and this thread is locked.

Ghound, feel free to start a fresh thread.

I and others agree totally. Just as i would intervene to keep some one safe on a site at work, pointing out the inherent hazard here even it if is partly in jest as some did above is a valid post.

put your red cards in your pocket and go chill with a mincepie. It's christmas.

AFAIK Christmas is on the 25th ...

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Firstly this is a swap thread.
The OP has descibed clearly described the condition of the item he has offered for swap.

Secondly it is considered extreme bad form to undermine either a sales or swap thread. Go and read the rules, they are there in black and white.

Thirdly, it is Christmas; the Mods come on here to chill out too; it would be much appreciated if the rest of you would as well.
Instead we're having to deal with this issue and the reported posts that it's causing.

Mince pies, and something mellow to all :D

cheers,
Toddy

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE