Energy Bar Recommendations.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Looking for a long term shelf stable ( so whilst I like cooking and making not in this instance please, so no recipes thanks ) energy bar - nutty, fruity, potentially carby / protein type bar. One of those things that can be purchased and remains edible when I'm drawing a pension - should provide a good mix of things and flavour can be not the most important priority.

I guess basically kinda modern day take on Pemmican in a nice sealed wrapper.

Any suggestions? I've never had a Clif bar before but I'm sure someone out there has tried a few a lots of conclusions drawn.

Decacraft

Nomad
Jul 28, 2021
South Wales
Interested in hearing about these- I like the flapjack bars from home bargains but the shelf life on them is less than 2 years if lucky. Asda also have a range of protein bars but again the date on them is usually a year ahead.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Reactions: William_Montgomery
Dec 29, 2022
East Suffolk
Thanks, I think these maybe the old dreaded life boat rations - whilst the do function they are from what i remember quite difficult to stomach. I may get a little batch and just see how they are however
I wouldn't be surprised, they look like something out of a hardware shop..... yet, for some reason I'm quite keen on trying them.

Reactions: TeeDee

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Think Millenium bars are meant to be a step up from life boat rations with multiple flavours, though the actual bars look identical. Have a 5 year lifespan IIRC.

Things haven't tried are

Real Meal bars, they were at some point part of Resilent Nutrition, but have seeming split off as it's own seperate entity. No idea on lifespan.

And Luchos, doubt their lifespan is long, but I'm told are really nice.

Reactions: TeeDee

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE