emergency shoe covers

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Globetrotter.uk

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
I recently saw some foldaway shoe covers like gaiters to go over shoes when you need to walk through puddles etc, but I cant find them online. Please can someone tell me what they are called.

loz.

Settler
Sep 12, 2006
Dublin,Ireland
www.craobhcuigdeag.org
I recently saw some foldaway shoe covers like gaiters to go over shoes when you need to walk through puddles etc, but I cant find them online. Please can someone tell me what they are called.

They;re called plastic bags.

696741607_6921d85d96.jpg

crazydave

Settler
Aug 25, 2006
Gloucester
if you search the surplus shops you can get nbc overboots affectionately known as 'boots viking raider, looking silly for the use of' :)

fatduck89

Nov 19, 2007
Goffs Oak
if you get ex Army/NBC boots, you have to give them a good lick for them to be waterproof otherwise they wont work, report back after.

They are lighter than nbc boots, being made from lightweight butyl rubber, they are made in Norway I think, they are called moose boots and are gaurenteed for 20km although that is only for snow. I used mine for river crossing, they are knee length in olive with black soles, but they only lasted a couple of seasons and they were £20:eek: Total waste of time, although they would be handy in a canoe I'd think!

verloc

Settler
Jun 2, 2008
East Lothian, Scotland
I got some ex army goretex sock/boot liners for £2.68 on ebay - have no idea if the are any good as they haven't been delivered yet. But will hopefully keep my feet dry independantly of footwear. Could all be rubbish and maybe I should just invest in some good boots but I cant resist an ebay buy for a couple of quid.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE