Embroidery advice.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Last week I picked up a 40 by 60 " piece of embroidery linen for £2 in a charity shop so I've just spent about 4 hours tracing the panel from the BT that Jnr wants to embroider. Unfortunately his hand isn't steady enough to do the pencil work or he'd have done that part himself.

image.jpg3_zpsnpyvzc4f.jpg

Excuse the the poor quality pic. It used up a little over a third of the piece I got. He'll hem it and running stitch it to the frame he used for the last one. He's a few books on the BT so can get the colours and details from those. The last one took the best part of a year to do, keeps him entertained. The official kits are extortionate, luckily the last one was another charity shop find. I've been picking up bargain bags of pure wool from carboots etc so we shouldn't run out of wool

image.jpg1_zpsgsqfnlii.jpg

ATB

Tom

Last edited:

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Tengu, tha's inbox is full.

Posted the two bits of printed linen ( plus the 1950s mag page that shows the colour images ) and two small round frame things this PM. Sorry for the delay, forgot to take them with me to the PO last time out. D'oh!

atb

Tom

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE