eka

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

walker

Oct 27, 2006
devon
just bought a new knife
i went for a EKA nordic W11 seems like a great knife and couldnt find a bad review anywhere for the knife sertenly seems like a beutifull thing and looks up to the task of bushcraft
i bought it from hennie over the net for £69 inc postage ive bought from them before and have had great service
now what do you guys think of this knife anybody on here got one who gives it a full work out
ive also heard that after a while the knife cuts through the sheath so would a woodlore sheath fit this knfe as they seem very much alike

UCBerzerkeley

Dec 11, 2008
California
well, this is the W11 pic over on ragweed forge

w11.jpg

walker

Oct 27, 2006
devon
hopfully pics soon as only ordered it sunday just looking forward to this as havnt had a decent blade for a while:)

galopede

Forager
Dec 9, 2004
Gloucestershire
How tight is the blade fit in the sheath? Not the handle, just the blade?

I've made sheath protectors in the past from an aluminium drinks can. Cut one apart and fold it around the blade then trim up so it only covers the blade. Then see if you can get it into the bottom of the sheath where the blade goes. Fit it over the blade and push! If it's ok, a dab of glue will keep it in place. Don't forget to slightly widen the opening to make it easier to fit the blade in.

If you can, it'll stop the edge touching the leather and, being soft aluminium, it shouldn't mess up the edge.

Gareth

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
We used to have a load of posts about this knife some five years ago. I don't think I've seen it mentioned in a single thread on here or on BB in the last three. It's a damned good knife at the same price it was back then goodjob

Shade

Nomad
Oct 13, 2008
Lincolnshire, UK
I have an Eka W11 too. Just bought from this very forum !!
I already had a SuperSwede folder made by Eka which has server me well for 15 years.

eka1.jpg

eka2.jpg

Excellent knife and will become a trusted companion in the wilds :)
Sheath seems a little better than the dangler one.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE