Egg Sandwich

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Hard boiled, cooled, shelled and fine dice with my egg dicer.
Add S&P, Tabasco, Keene's dry mustard, Worcestershire and a heap of good mayo.
Onto a bed of Romaine lettuce in a baguette.

The tricky part is to remember to take the baguettes out of the freezer.

Reactions: zornt

Tomteifi

Nomad
Jan 22, 2016
Carmarthenshire, South Wales
All way over the top imo. A perfect egg sandwich for me takes only the time it takes to butter bread and fry egg.(soft yolk)

Egg onto bread, then liberally coat with white pepper and Heinz ketchup and voila! Dent the sarnie slightly to break the yolk and

wow! Know what i'm having for breakfast inabit!

Reactions: crosslandkelly

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
In my opinion an egg sandwich isn't an option.

It's as good as impossible to carry chicken eggs in the rucksack.

And it is very complicated to domesticate squirrels to bring us the eggs of other birds down from the trees.

Even a domesticated rat, how you can easily buy it every where, would eat the eggs in the tree alone and wouldn't share it with you.

And if it would bring you some eggs, you would have the problem, that usually your bread would be to large for the egg the squirrel or rat brought you. So that doesn't look nice!
Bread in such little sizes you will not find at the market!

As you see:
The whole Idea is every thing else than practical!

;0(​

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Only because you are a German. The Serbians can do it.
The English too. The Scots have a special chicken that lay Scotch Eggs, so they are set!

I like the knife they are using. Very useful. Cutting wood, cutting food, taking cate of your blood feuds. A true multi tool, copied as far away as in Spain!
:)

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
  1. What we have in Germany is a special chicken race, which we do not sell to other countries.
  2. They are relatively tall, field grey with a couple of camouflage spots, and are able to march up to 60 kilometres per day.

The race is called "Deutsches Wehrhuhn" and was created out of an older race, called "Preußisches Infanteriehuhn" which was a bit lighter, mainly dark blue with a few red spots and a white and black spotted head. It could march up to 80 kilometres per day but gave smaller eggs.

Both races give the eggs on command.

So that is an option for German hikers, but unfortunately not for you, because it is interdicted to trade them international.

Janne

Feb 10, 2016
My fathers mother had one of those. It was called Österricher Gebirgsjäger Hahn.

It was a strange race, short, wide with a ferocious streak.

I never saw him, he passed away when I was two months old.

Janne

Feb 10, 2016
The way I do an egg sandwich, at home of course.
Hardboiled egg. Quality mayo. Hot sauce, capers, black pepper.

Crush & Mix.
Put on bread, rye or sourdough is tastiest, but if you have the tasteless US style bread, just add more hot sauce.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
The way I do an egg sandwich, at home of course.
Hardboiled egg. Quality mayo. Hot sauce, capers, black pepper.

Crush & Mix.
Put on bread, rye or sourdough is tastiest, but if you have the tasteless US style bread, just add more hot sauce.
The US style of bread? You make sandwiches with cornbread?

Reactions: Robson Valley

Janne

Feb 10, 2016
No, that one I like with my coffee.
( I joke not, it is fantastic with a bit of honey or Nutella on)
It is very similar in taste to a traditional Swedish ’coffee bread’ or cake, with cinnamon and stuff inside.

No, I mean the white, fluffy bread. The one you can put two six packs of Pepsi on top in the supermarket, but once at home, it gets resurrected magically and it goes back to the old shape.
The ingredients declaration is like an entrance test for Mensa.

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
The Austrians are related with the Deutsches Wehrhuhn, but not with the Preußisches Infanteriehuhn.

The Deutsches Wehrhuhn got the grey colour from the Austrian race.

The Österreichisches Gebirgsjäger Huhn has a brighter grey in summer times and becomes nearly white during the winter, and it has no camouflage spots, what even the German chickens didn't have untill1942, and it is a bit smaller than the Deutsches Wehrhuhn, like the whole country.

It can march only 50 kilometres per day but it can climb in vertical rocks and march the whole day upwards, even over very stony ways, and it is very resistant against cold wind. They usually dig caves in the snow over night in cold conditions.

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
I'm not sure, but I was told there is a similar very old military chicken race in England, the MODBPC, the "Ministry of Defence Buckingham Palace Chickens"

They are unfortunately red with black hats, but because they can stand on one spot without any motion for more than 48 hours, they should be OK for wild camping too.

Unfortunately I don't know which distances they can march per day, but I guess it should be all right too.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Nutella? Pepsi? You certainly have strange tastes. Cornbread is indeed good with honey though. Or chili. Or best with vegetables, especially greens.

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Sorry, what has this comment to do with old military chicken races???

I guess you are a bit OT, isn't it?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE