Eddie McGee's Survival books?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Eddie Mcgee is the grandad of survival/bushcraft - I remember watching him on TV as a kid.

His books are the original from which many others were copied! He may not be the brand name many of the trade marked personalities are today but he certainly knows his stuff and his books are pertinent to the UK so a added bonus (unless you want to know what the bushmen carry in the loin clothes of course)

I certainly rate him very highly.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
:shock:

:-?

:)
no it's gone now :lol:

i have a copy of eddie mcgee's:

no need to die.

there is alot of usefull info in the book, but it's a hard read for me.

the book isn't really set out in any order it just drifts from one subject to the next.

most confusing are the diagrames :cry: they seem to be leaning towards a humourous cartoon of a "robinson crusoe" type, funny :-? but the pictures seem to be drawn with a marker pen which has made alot of the diagrams confusing if not meaningles.

if the book was edited put into sections and illustrated better it would be a far better book.

as i say ther is useful information but hard to fish out.

most other survival books i find are easier to use.

sorry :-( but a thumbs down from me!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE