Wanted Economical Loden Jacket or Smock?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mimo

Tenderfoot
Nov 21, 2020
London
Looking for something like the Boreal Mountain Anorak or Petromax Waldmack etc, all wool... but for cheap-arses. Size Large-ish (44 chest, fat knacker not gym bunny...)

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
There are a lot of people in south Germany who spare Loden clothing as a Sunday coat or whatever.

Thrift shops throw them behind you in this area. I had to stop buying them because I already have no chance to wear off the Loden clothing I bought.

What's offered in the regular shops for 300 or 500 € the thrift shop sell you for 30 to 50 €, usually as good as new.

It's surely worth to search at e-bay for Lodenjacke, Lodenjankerl, Lodenmantel, Lodenhose.

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
You need to count in additional costs for shipping, that could reach the value of the sell price.

Unsure if a usual private seller knows about that. Shipping in Germany is relatively cheap.

mimo

Tenderfoot
Nov 21, 2020
London
There are a lot of vintage style coats for really good prices - not quite what I'm looking for though I might yet be tempted. And you're right about the taxes: I used to buy regularly from German sellers through eBay, but they now put an automatic 20% VAT on everything for UK buyers, plus fees, even if it's VAT exempt... a much less attractive prospect now! I just sold something to a guy in Sweden for £440, and he got hit for £200 in taxes somehow. Brexit bites...pity.

Are there any cheaper brands in Germany who make stuff like Petromax?

1613650372154.png

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
I have no idea about import or export taxes.

Not exactly this stile, but there are a lot of makers who offer Loden jackets in modern design, let's say a more adult design that doesn't get out of fashion.
Things, that you also could buy in tweed.

I own for example from Rascher a tweed jacket and a Loden jacket and both are similar in stile. I got both very cheap, but regular they are everything else than cheap.

The hunting shops are full of it, as Loden is very silent in use. I think there are also cheaper brands, but as I bought new Loden jackets in trhift shops for 60 € that cost regularly 600 € I didn't pay so much attention about cheaper regular Loden jackets.

But I think, the fabric itself is relatively expensive.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE