Ebay

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
hi everyone....i just had a listing removed by ebay for 'knives' policy breach....of course my listing in no way shows a knife blade or states a knife is for sale....i've had this before with them and it was overturned.

so....i just spoke in chat with a rep....i'm livid....and am now typing up first draft to trading standards...

and i'd like everyone elses similar issues please if possible...

regards

s

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
hi....

badger....a sheath.....
rik....nothing wrong with my wording

i've been through this before with them. just phoned them up and went pretty nuclear. its been overturned once again and my listing reinstated....but please continue to contribute to the thread because trust me if it happens again it will be ''Tribunal MarkII''.

regards and thanks,

s

Jul 3, 2013
United Kingdom
They've also banned the sale of reloading equipment, can't follow that one as the only restricted items used in loading, are expanding projectiles and primers. Seems a bit barmy to me.

Hibrion

Maker
Jan 11, 2012
Ireland
I had similar problems as a buyer years back before I was making my own leather stuff. I wanted to buy an unusual sheath for a buck 110 and because the listing had the word 'knife' in it, I could not. I had the same problem recently when I tried to buy a set of scales. Because they were listed as 'knife' scales they were down as a prohibited item according to ebay.

I spoke with them and they were beyond unhelpful in the matter. I think they just use a bot to scan listing with certain words and stop people in the UK and Ireland from buying them.

Jul 3, 2013
United Kingdom
I spoke with them and they were beyond unhelpful in the matter. I think they just use a bot to scan listing with certain words and stop people in the UK and Ireland from buying them.

I wish somebody would set up a grown-up version, where one could auction cutlery and other edged tools, firearms, ammunition etc. I had a pile of .22 hollowpoints to get rid of, in the end I had to just give them away to someone.

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Things must have been buxxered about with since I sold my stuff on there. It was certainly just after the ban and, as I say, the automatic stuff kicked in but I was easily able to "explain" to the system that I was selling sheaths not knives.

Salaud

Nomad
Aug 24, 2011
isle of man
I spent over 4 hours on the phone to eBay, talking with everyone from Ireland to India and just about everywhere in between in an attempt to resolve a problem.... The end result is a name which as I say took around 4 hours to get, but you are welcome to it, Ralph Brown he is a manager at eBay, they still give you a run around rather than put you through to him, but nowhere near as much hassle as dealing with the underlings, just insist on speaking to him, he works only from Wednesday to Sunday..
Good luck..

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 4

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE