ebay processing time for managed payments

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
So this has appeared to be a flaw with the "New" system.

I sold an item on morning of friday 18th, posted it and still waiting to be paid by ebay 4 days later, Monday 21st.

Contacted CS and the excuse is banks don't process on weekends, My payment will be processed today and payed tomorrow.

Am I wrong that ebay have my bank details and faster payments can be done within an hour, usually 24/7?

So ebay can take my fees anytime they like, I have to wait.

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
Latest convo with ebay CS

lostplanet2003
12:37 PM
why does it take 2 days to process and order when you have my bank details and faster payments takes 2 hours?

Nidhi
12:47 PM
Hi, Thanks for contacting us at eBay Live Chat. My name is Nidhi. Let me quickly go through your query so, that I can help you accordingly.

lostplanet2003
12:53 PM
ok

lostplanet2003
does this also mean more delays if there is a bank holiday?

Nidhi
12:54 PM
Funds are sent on business days.

lostplanet2003
12:55 PM
yes i know but it doesnt make it right. there must be a better solution to this and you still get paid on the same day as sale.does this also mean more delays if there is a bank holiday?

Nidhi
12:58 PM
Funds are sent to the bank after it goes available

lostplanet2003

Nidhi
12:59 PM
You'll be notified in seller hub , if there will be delay due to bank holiday.

Nidhi
Yes, payout aren't sent on bank holiday.

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
If you sold something on Friday, it's only 3 days including the weekend.
You know your money is safe, and Ebay does warn you it will take 2 days at least to get your money into your account, you can ask your buyer to pay you by BT or Paypal if you are in a hurry. Once an item is sold, then Ebay allows you to pass personal info to your buyer, such as Bank details, phone numbers, etc.

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
The day I sell something is the day I expect payment. Just like the rest of the world. I don't go into Asda and ask if i can pay in 2 days time? oh and but after the weekend by the way.

whats wrong with faster payments?

Things will change, its starting the process of questioning why something is as it is.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
No payment takes two days. Photons don't walk from account to account hahah.

They will play some kind of "payment protection" thing but its all about cash and interest.

Madriverrob

Native
Feb 4, 2008
Whitby , North Yorkshire
Latest convo with ebay CS

lostplanet2003
12:37 PM
why does it take 2 days to process and order when you have my bank details and faster payments takes 2 hours?

Nidhi
12:47 PM
Hi, Thanks for contacting us at eBay Live Chat. My name is Nidhi. Let me quickly go through your query so, that I can help you accordingly.

lostplanet2003
ok

lostplanet2003

Nidhi
12:54 PM
Funds are sent on business days.

lostplanet2003
12:55 PM
yes i know but it doesnt make it right. there must be a better solution to this and you still get paid on the same day as sale.does this also mean more delays if there is a bank holiday?

Nidhi
Funds are sent to the bank after it goes available

lostplanet2003

Nidhi
You'll be notified in seller hub , if there will be delay due to bank holiday.

Nidhi
Yes, payout aren't sent on bank holiday.
Is Nidhi a robot ??

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
The day I sell something is the day I expect payment. Just like the rest of the world. I don't go into Asda and ask if i can pay in 2 days time? oh and but after the weekend by the way.

whats wrong with faster payments?

Things will change, its starting the process of questioning why something is as it is.
No, I don’t things will change. As consumers of services we either accept the terms and conditions or don’t use it. A business that provides a service isn’t just there to provide a service, it’s a business and therefore seeks to make a profit.

As for the Asda comparison, I walked into Curry’s last year and got a new iPad on interest free credit over 12 months. Ideal :)

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
Fair enough but my terms and conditions don't allow for credit or finance and is quite clear in the listings. you buy, you pay.

Paying me immediately or within an hour is hardly costing a multi billion pound Org like ebay any money. Its just another stupid rule like many that have come along in the past.

It took them years to realise they could make more by offering free listings and then good until sold.

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
No payment takes two days. Photons don't walk from account to account hahah.

They will play some kind of "payment protection" thing but its all about cash and interest.
It is total BS, the rest of the world is trying to make things simpler, instant and they go and do this.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
It is total BS, the rest of the world is trying to make things simpler, instant and they go and do this.

They are a multi-billion Dollar company and just want more. Same old story.

They will keep slapping their customers until they vote with their wallets and not until.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Fair enough but my terms and conditions don't allow for credit or finance and is quite clear in the listings. you buy, you pay.

Paying me immediately or within an hour is hardly costing a multi billion pound Org like ebay any money. Its just another stupid rule like many that have come along in the past.

It took them years to realise they could make more by offering free listings and then good until sold.
Twice now I’ve used my own tracked postal service rather than print out the label from eBay. Both times I’ve had to wait for my payment for over a fortnight despite knowing the parcel had been delivered. eBay wouldn’t acknowledge it until the buyer left feedback, and in one case (heavy chainsaw boots) the buyer left neutral feedback saying he thought the postage was a bit high, despite it being cheaper for me than the eBay option. Had to wait a month for that money while it gathered interest.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE