Ebay finished for knives... Now what?

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
A few days ago I tried to bid an eBay item that wasn't bladed in any way, form or function - and was prevented under their knife policy) from bidding on it :eek: .There was no mention of knife (or any other prohibited item) in the listing or description :confused: .

So I fired off a quick question to ask why I (as a UK ebayer) couldn't bid on the item - and was informed that, to purchase a knife, I need to have a credit card filed with eBay :eek: :naughty: .

I've sent off another email to reiterated that the item in question wasn't (in form or function) a bladed tool and, once again, asked the question 'Why am I not permitted to bid/buy?' - I

also took the time to politely inform the person in question of eBay's own rules :deal: .

303Brit

Tenderfoot
Jan 23, 2007
germany
Take up a subscription to the MickeyMouse magazine here (yes its real-its a childs comic!),and you will get a childs camping sheath knife-rounded tip of course.

Silverclaws

Forager
Jul 23, 2009
Plymouth, Devon
Goloks are gone, machetes are gone, most knives are gone, but one can still get good billhooks at an affordable price. I just wonder when the do gooder nazis get onto that one.

So, get them while you can !!!

Odd thing is though, the prime choice weapon for the criminal minded, the kitchen knife can still be got on ebay, as can the stanley knife, favourite of slashers.

But, it's true, Ebay is dying, hardly any good deals to be had on there now. Ho hum, I will have to look for somewhere else to get my goodies.

It is just a good job I can make my own knives, though college has banned me from making them on their premises.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE