Eat badgers, says Clarissa Dickson Wright.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Good old Clarissa! Seems fair that if they are going to be culled, might as well eat them. And I certainly was't aware it used to be a dietary staple in England.

Also note that Brian May once again exposes his total ignorance. (Pity - I really like his guitar playing, but as for the rest...Wonder if he's apologised to the family he accused of flat-out lying about their baby being badly bitten in the face by a fox yet? Apparently - per our Brian - foxes wouldn't do a thing like that, cos they're furry, cuddly, gentle beasties....)

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
I have eaten Badger hams from road kill badger when I lived on my boat on the Oxford cannal
A more delicate tast than you would imagine.
Best.
chris.

Wook

Settler
Jun 24, 2012
Angus, Scotland
The country is not exactly hoachin with Badgers badger.gif - I have serious reservations about culling the Badgersbadger.gif simply because they have certain characteristics we find inconvenient. I'm sure we as a species have a great many attributes the Badgers badger.giffind inconvenient.

Still, regardless of the morality of killing the Badgers badger.gif, if they are going to be killed, the Badgers badger.gif should be eaten wherever possible.

I'm not sure the Badgers badger.gifwould be too happy about that arrangement though.

Last edited:

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
If you like lions and tigers, your going to LOVE THIS!

oh yes, good call, i actually had no idea how much i do like lions and tigers, I FRICKIN' LOVE LIONS AND TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we should stop it now, i think this was supposed to be a relatively serious thread :eek:

cheers

stuart

Wook

Settler
Jun 24, 2012
Angus, Scotland
Sorry folks it was all my fault.

I had an opinion, I wrote it out - but truthfully once I had it just didn't seem to add anything to the thread.

So I padded it out with some Badgers.....

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I think she's spot on - silly prejudices and emotive reactions to eating the cast of chutesy childrens cartoons - aren't we just a little more rational than that?

cbr6fs

Native
Mar 30, 2011
Athens, Greece
Can't see how anyone in their right mind could be upset by what she said.

She wasn't in favor of culling or against it, she just said IF they're culled then they should be eaten.

I agree absolutely 100%, it'd certainly be better than throwing it away.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Can't see how anyone in their right mind could be upset by what she said.

She wasn't in favor of culling or against it, she just said IF they're culled then they should be eaten.

I agree absolutely 100%, it'd certainly be better than throwing it away.

True to a point. Question is how they will be killed. If poisoned or gassed then they might not be safe for consumption.

On the other hand if they're hunted and shot, then why are those the only two choices? Couldn't they just as easily be processed for dog food or swine food?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE