Easyjet Carry On!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
I have found the folks at Woodlore to be quite helpful, you could drop them an email and ask for the measurements of the Delta 25, they can only say no. :)

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
Dare I suggest that the solution here, at least for the big trip where you are taking hold luggage anyway, is plce side pocket based backpack. Be it the original PLCE, or a berghaus vulcan or any of the others that take the plce pockets. On the ground, you attach the pockets to your pack and carry on as normal. At the airport you detach the pockets from the pack, attach the shoulder straps, and carry them onto the plane. Really simple. And you can fit loads of stuff in them.

J

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
I would never hike anywhere needing the kind of capacity that a Vulcan has. I'm not sure my back could handle that any more!
My Freeflow 35+8 covers most of my walking and overnight needs but at 72x36x26cm full is going to end up in the hold at some point.
Just really looking for a smaller pack that can go as guaranteed hand luggage, which is proving trickier than I expected!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
I use an OMM 32

http://www.chevintrek.co.uk/omm-classic-32l-rucksack-5910-p.asp

its my goto pack for pretty much all day walking and flights. I never get hung up on cabin luggage size with rucksacks as they are easy to stuff into the size testing basket as long as you dont ram them with stuff. Ive never been asked to place it in the basket though and i must have taken at least 15 flights with it.

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
Thanks for that!

48x30x24 is a darn good size. I ordered a Maxpedition Kodiak yesterday which is just that bit wider. Will see how it works out.

Last edited:

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
Got to say the Kodiak is surprisingly capacious for its size and Maxpeditions quality is just superb once again.

I did a mock load out last night and it handled the weight pretty well even on the one shoulder.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Coach is the cheapest ticket class. Thus the least level of service/comfort.

When hiho mentioned 'coach' referring to bus travel, I didn't know about the rucksack thing, I have bussed around the UK quite a bit of late and have managed to take quite large bags/tool boxes into the cabin with me.

All the seats on an Easyjet flight would be classed as 'coach' seats for in the US.

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
Let's face it the fact you aren't holding a strap from the ceiling is a bonus on Easyjet!
That link won't work for me Blaidd but I will have a nose. Width is about as good as I found for a backpack. Slightly over on height and depth.

Blaidd

Nomad
Jun 23, 2013
UK
I ALWAYS check that links will work, but when I don't, they don't! lol. I fixed the link, sorry about that!

via Tapatalk mind control.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
When hiho mentioned 'coach' referring to bus travel, I didn't know about the rucksack thing, I have bussed around the UK quite a bit of late and have managed to take quite large bags/tool boxes into the cabin with me.

All the seats on an Easyjet flight would be classed as 'coach' seats for in the US.

Busses here also allow small carry-on bags. Easy Jet sounds similar to Southwest Airlines here.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE