Easter egg making

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

boatman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
Because of allergies my Mother could only eat diabetic chocolate. Back then it only came in wrapped slabs. I would make Easter eggs for her by molding solid eggs using two egg cups filled with the melted chocolate and pressed together. Quick ans easy way to make a chocolate egg.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Its great fun, more than likely cost more than shop brought ones but still, he's learning something.

You can't value shared time together by money alone, because you can't buy a Dad who is cool enough to spend time doing this!

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
That's a great way to make a 'creme' egg too Boatman :)
Brush chocolate inside, fill with ganache or fondant or suchlike and then join them together :)

We wouldn't advise doing this nowadays with the E.coli issue, but we used to gently tap a hole the size of a sixpence in one end of a large egg, and decant the contents, minding to pull out the 'skin' inside too. The eggshell was washed out and dried, and then filled with melted chocolate. Crack the egg and it's a chocolate one :D

M

Disco1

Settler
Jan 31, 2015
UK
You can't value shared time together by money alone, because you can't buy a Dad who is cool enough to spend time doing this!
You certainly can't put a price on sharing time with your children, times like this are moments I will never forget every time I see an Easter egg.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE