East Anglia Group!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
i don't see why we shoulden't try Garveston site, it might allow some of the norwich and north norfolk crew to meet up more easily.

it seems if nothing else we'd have the site to ourselves!

i'm up for it even if it's just a few people, just for the experience. :)

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
anyone in Norwich area want to meet up this week coming?

prehaps we could meet up at north walsham with snufkin?

i will be able to provide a lift!

get back to us to see whos available and what we can do.

how about a circular walk with a beer stop on the way?

another idea is to meet up with you guys after work for an evening/night walk.

pm me if you have ideas.

R-J

Forager
Jan 26, 2005
norwich
lol, sounds drastic i know but the time is just about right.

i'm in germany at the moment (not that fact will make a blind bit of difference to anyone but me) and just as a side note the weather is stunning and the wood's are better than i remember - only been away 4 months :rolleyes: . sorry, i digress for a change. this means that i'll be bringing my much raved about (by yours truely) puffin 12 kayak back with me... (drum roll/sky news crew please! :lmao: )

anyway, to my point. i was wondering if any of you guys would like to meet up next weekend as i'm not working (still sounds odd) and have a play on the water... or, if you must be more grown up, test different styles of kayaks out :D ?

i'm gonna be out come rain or shine (i've missed it so much :( ) and if anyone wants to join me come along! not sure where/when, but give me a shout if you interested and we can arrange something i'm sure. we might even be able to make it in to a mini-moot, or am i thinking to big... lol

anyway, let me know peeps

jem seeley

Tenderfoot
Sep 7, 2004
framlingham suffolk
Not a sufferer Kimboko!Unfortunately I didn't take any shots of your lovely floral display though you were a picture leaving on Sun. with them sticking out of the top of your rucsac :lmao: As for the rest of the photos-patience!!!

Don't know whether any of yo guys are interested, but we have a few places left on a fungi foray this sunday afternoon. It will be held on one of the reserves i manage, near Barton Mills (about a mile from the A11). If you would like to attend, pleas PM me ASAP for location details and to reserve a place (it's free by the way :D )

R-Bowskill

Forager
Sep 16, 2004
Norwich
I've got myself sorted out with a PFD so now can get onto the water a bit, hope the weather stays warm until I get a day off work again!!! then I'll be up for a bit of water based fun.

ilovemybed

Settler
Jul 18, 2005
Prague
MikeS said:
Does anyone know if there is another meeting in the near future. :)
Nope, but if there is I wouldn't mind popping along. Have yet to join the East Anglian massive on an expedition but they sound fun!
Mind if I pop along to the as-yet not organised m(ee)(oo)t?

Cheers,
Neil

lord lurcher

Tenderfoot
Jul 10, 2005
norwich, norfolk
Howdy peeps! Hope you're all enjoying our beautiful british autumn, and the considerable bounty nature offers at this time of year. I dont know about you lot but i have seen more fungi than usual this year, edible and otherwise. anyway i'm trying to organise a meet in norfolk, not so much as its near me but so that fenlanderand jem etc can come and enjoy withouthaving to organise it!!! So far my efforts to find a site have proved fruitless, although time for such things has been limited, to say the least!!!! I'm thinking of putting together a letterto print off and kind of 'blanket ' send to everywhere i can think of, wot i would like is any ideas/comments on the content of such a letter and possible places. Any ideas would be welcome, do you think its a good idea? Hope to see you all soon, keep the faith :)

Biddlesby

Settler
May 16, 2005
Frankfurt
A last resort could be Garveston :). Especially good since the scout campsite is up the road.

Glad to hear a meet is being organised. I just need to get a warmer sleeping bag in time...

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
lord lurcher i spoke to tony before about a simular idea to contact people in the norwich area to put in shop windows etc , i fear you might not be able to use the "BushCraftUK" name!

it might be better to not use the word "survival", "hunting", or even "firelighting" !

it puts the dampener on the idea but i know landowners get very nervous about strangers doing odd things on thier land!
the problem with using the phrase "BushCraftUK" is that if ever we did get a nutter turn up it would tar every bushcrafter in the uk as a nutter!

remember what happened to "survivalists" when the film rambo came out! suddenly it was assumed every survivalist was indeed rambo! and had a cache of weapons!

i think we should all meet up at a conveinient pub for all of us say in the thetford area and together come up with some ideas for the said letter!

no offence meant i just think we need to be careful :beerchug:

fenlander could you send me details of the fungi walk! cheers

lord lurcher

Tenderfoot
Jul 10, 2005
norwich, norfolk
YOU are so right Rappleby! Having spent years securing hunting rights from the notorious norfolk landowners, and being an ex-keeper myself many of the no-go phrases you mentioned would throw some of these paranoid creatures in to some kind of fit!!! Seriously though a meet up and'brainstorm is a good idea, especially if a pub is involved! :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE