East Anglia Group!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lord lurcher

Tenderfoot
Jul 10, 2005
norwich, norfolk
Hi to all, my vision of turning up with a huge bundle of birch bark has been dashed by work making me do so many hours!!! I simply havent had the time to pick it up, my apologies if this buggers up the workshop ranger bob! sorry

Biddlesby

Settler
May 16, 2005
Frankfurt
Thanks to Lord Lurcher and R-J for the lift, and Jem Seely, Fenlander and the others for a good weekend. Specifically, thanks for the advice on the spoon and the trout and whatnot.

I think that about covers it.

R-J

Forager
Jan 26, 2005
norwich
jem & fenlander, thanks for organising the weekend and to everyone else for making it such a laugh. was good to meet up with everyone at last!

never know, i may acctually finnish the spoon... (health warning, dont hold breath) catch up with you all next time

ps, where was dan i ask you!

lord lurcher

Tenderfoot
Jul 10, 2005
norwich, norfolk
HAD A BLINDER!!! Thanks to everyone for being so welcoming and helpful, special thanks to jem and flatlander :D for organising it, I will put in a big effort to return the favour. It is so good to learn by watching rather than reading, got some good ideas from the weekend, I'LL BE BACK!! Thanks again

Ranger Bob

Nomad
Aug 21, 2004
Suffolk
Had a great time! Thanks to Jem for organising the weekend(and the fish), Fenlander for booking the site(and the lift), Lord Lurcher for the pine resin and indeed everyone else for coming.......its always good to see old friends and make a few new ones. Thanks again all!
I'll post some pictures when I get the chance.

jem seeley

Tenderfoot
Sep 7, 2004
framlingham suffolk
Thanks,everyone,for making it such a great weekend.It sounds like you all had a good time.It was good to see plenty of networking going on, with ideas for future meets,workshops & other projects.Big thanks to Ranger Bob for,almost,continuous birch bark workshops over both days-I'm very pleased with my container & am fired up to do more & also pretty jealous of your kuksa(which,readers,was only started on the Wed. before the meet! :eek: )Thanks aswell to Fenlander for organising the site & getting the 'chute up so quickly ;) Sorry for the slight cock-up on Sunday :eek: -the next Bradfield Woods green woodworking group meet will be next Sunday(9th),followed by the first Sunday in November(6th) if anyone is interested.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
thanks for the weekend!
miriam has taken to carving spoons in a big way! she hasn't stopped since we left the campsite, even our car has shavings in!

we loved it though we both had a terrible nights sleep, due to hard ground and the cold(oh, wheres my hammock :( ) do they make hammocks for two?

miriam and i loved the camp, it was nice to be able to take a backseat and see how other people make bushcraft their own.

hope to see you all again soon! :D

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
was working with BTCV today and the leader said she wanted to come on the weekend with her friend, but couldn't make it!

the group continues to grow! :)

lord lurcher

Tenderfoot
Jul 10, 2005
norwich, norfolk
Glad you had a good time rappleby, I thought your wife was a trooper and did extremely well! Didnt get to see much of you but we should meet up in norwich area again soon. Have you any ideas about a site for a meet in norfolk? I've got a few,maybe we should get our heads together over it?

Biddlesby

Settler
May 16, 2005
Frankfurt
RAPPLEBY2000 said:
thanks for the weekend!
miriam has taken to carving spoons in a big way! she hasn't stopped since we left the campsite, even our car has shavings in!

I know how she feels. I had to wait an hour for a train, all the while resisting the temptation to get out my knife and whittle!

lord lurcher

Tenderfoot
Jul 10, 2005
norwich, norfolk
I introduced my girlfriend to the subtle pleasures of whittling whilst on holiday in dorset this june, sat round the campfire in the evening whittling she got so hooked i had to make her stop to eat dinner! She nearly severed her thumb despite instruction, after dressing her wound i felt quite guilty but she boldly picked up the knife and carried on!! Theres a lot to be said for the 'simple things in life'

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
sorry, yes,
British Trust for Conservation Volunteers (or Bad Tools C**p Van!).

good thing about working with them is you get to find where all the local resorces are!
yup, she's definately up for it, with her friend a local worker in a simular area.

the reason you didn't see me much was i was looking after my wife Miriam, she is natrually a shy person anyway but it was also her first ever camp without a tent or stove! so i was making sure she was comfortable with what she was doing/saying etc (i.e. that you don't have to be an expert on bushcraft to enjoy it!)
i'm sure you understand, those who met me before will have seen my other side! ;)

didn't biddlesby have a local site?

and yes i am happy to meet again in/around norwich.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Kane,

another local!

we would love to meet you,
if you can try to get along to one of the local meetups :D

we look forward to meeting you!

cheers

Biddlesby

Settler
May 16, 2005
Frankfurt
RAPPLEBY2000 said:
didn't biddlesby have a local site?

Garveston. It doesn't hold a candle to Bury, it's basically a small field with some trees around the edge, but it isn't often used so it's probably quite available if you're looking for somewhere to camp.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE