Earlybird savings double person outdoor hammock

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
May 17, 2014
Edinburgh
Hey guys

I just got this hammock today and tried it out in the back garden it appears to be good quality for £13.99 delivered.

Its meant to be a double but I think it would be abit tight with two adults in it two kids will fit in it no problem. The rope that comes with it appears to be quite cheap so I won't be using that but a couple of lashing strops make a cheap alternative to woopie slings.

I think this is slightly bigger than most of the dd hammocks and will take up to 150kg which is good if your a bigger person or in my case will have to share with a rather large dog (I actually picked this up as a cheap hammock to see how he would like it).

It holds weight pretty well rebel and me come in at a combined weight of about 100~110kg and I'm around 6ft 2 so it will take somebody taller I think possibly up to about 6ft 6.

It weighs in at 415g and packs down into a small stuffsack attached to the hammock around the same as dd's.

This appears got have been a good buy but will have to do some proper testing so will update in the future when I get out with it but due to getting married this month it will be the end of August before I get a chance.

Anyway here's some photos of it in use for size ideas I'm 6 ft 2 weighing 70-80kg and rebel is about 30kg. Pease give feedback on this review as it's my first on here.

epypega8.jpg

4aquvase.jpg

eru5e9e7.jpg

eru7a2yj.jpg

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Looks like one of the nomad hammocks that I had many moons ago, from a group buy if I remember correctly.

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
looks a belter for 14 quid. as far as the review goes. about the only other thing i'd like to see is how much spare material there is once you're in it

close ups of the hammock ends and rope/tapes and pack size wouldn't go amiss either thinking about it mate

May 17, 2014
Edinburgh
Cool will try and get the extra pics up Sunday or Monday. There is enough material to fully wrap round yourself. I will also try it out with 2 people if possible and get pics up for that as well.

May 17, 2014
Edinburgh
Right here the other pics.

The ropes and clips I'm thinking of replacing don't really seem that great quality but that's just my view.
a5y9ynyj.jpg

For size this hopefully helps with extra material
e2a4esyq.jpg

vyza9u4u.jpg

It does fit 2 adults I've tested that today with my lovely assistant (our combined weight of about 147-150kg)but I wouldn't recommend it for sleeping 2 as it's very tight and not to comfortable.
Packs down well in to its stuffsack well but could be more compacted in your bag.
syzaqume.jpg

uga3adeb.jpg

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
thats bang on mate. you cant beat a review that shows an item in use and packed up with sommat for scale

your missus looks less than thrilled with her new job though lol

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
I used one of these for years, along with the group buy midge net. They weigh about half as much and are half the size of my current Warbonnet blackbird, and the blackbird is only marginally (if at all) more comfortable.

Cheers, Michael.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE