Early signs of a chilly winter

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
The temperature is creeping down by around a degree every couple of hours at the moment, so your dusting may well disappear this afternoon but it will likely be back, and some, by morning.

It was cold this morning, warmed up with the sunshine, but the temperature is falling fast now. I'm freezing, I've put the heating on :hatscarf:

M

Uilleachan

Aug 14, 2013
Northwest Scotland
It was cold this morning, warmed up with the sunshine, but the temperature is falling fast now. I'm freezing, I've put the heating on :hatscarf:

M

I was over in Applecross early this morning, headed up the hill just as the light was coming in, and was thinking it was looking rather misty, it was snowing. Not a vast amount and as the temp was around +1 I figured it fine enough for the return, an hour later headed back the snow was starting to stick a little and the temp was down to zero. At home the temperature has been steadily dropping all day and we had a little snow a few moments ago but as it's starting to look ominously dark out there, I think we maybe in for a bit more.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Wow, that did really did hit Skye.....and that road's not easy in the wet and windy let alone in the snow and ice. I hate driving it in tourist season :sigh:

Cold, crisp, bright and icy here. Not enough heat in the sun to melt it anywhere but where it shines on it directly.

I'm heading into Glasgow this lunchtime so I don't need to do it tonight; supposedly we might get snow :dunno:

atb,
M

Uilleachan

Aug 14, 2013
Northwest Scotland
The forecast is for it to blow a hoolie from the west later today, snow to low levels on the leading edge then turning to rain/snow on the tops, wind veering in to the north. Good news for snow sports fans as the initial westerly gale should blow the lying snow into the right places, bad news for the evening commute ;) so good call to go sooner rather than later.

Dogoak

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
Cracking day here, bright sunshine with about 2" of snow we had overnight, the dogs love it.

udamiano

On a new journey
Sadly it would seem that according to our local weather station, our little slice of heaven :roll eyes: will have to forego the fun of snow, for grey wet, and cold weather instead :hat scarf:
However one can hope they are wrong and much fun and happiness will ensure :)

Last edited:

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Sadly it would seem that according to our local weather station, our little slice of heaven :rolleyes: will have to forego the fun of snow, for grey wet, and god weather instead :hatscarf:

Aint that the truth Da. Ive decided our slice isnt as nice as other slices so am relocating my cake knife to North Wales for the weekend :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE