Dutch Army Helly Hansen 80% wool fleeces - possible GB?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

effzedess

Apr 29, 2010
Peterborough
No worries LBL, thanks for bringing it to our attention in the first place. Can't win 'em all. In truth, the warm smug feeling I get from your first Arktis Dancam GB keeps me toastie lol.

shogun

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 31, 2009
U.K
thanx LBL for looking into this.shame it never took off...bring on the next group buy.....

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
Just found this, presumably the same jacket, sizes up to 50" in drop down, no mention of grades, but £9.99. No idea of stock and the usual disclaimer about association with the retailer.
(SWMBO says I have too many jackets so I wont be getting one :( )

http://www.surplusandoutdoors.com/s...hing/army-issue-helly-hansen-pile-431269.html

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Nitrambur - I believe that this version could synthetic version and not the 80% wool one. But by all means please enquire. I'll make some enquiries too. I could be wrong but you might have stumbled across something. The thing that makes me a little curious is they state "Or Similar Fleece Jacket". Even if it is a wool-rich one there is a thing to note - they were not all made by HH or by a similar quality outfit called Sioen. These non-HH/Sioen ones are quite plentiful but no-where near on par in quality. They would be 33-50% cheaper than the branded ones I am led to believe.

Last edited:

Darkside

Forager
Nov 2, 2009
Aldershot, UK
Thanks for trying LBL :You_Rock_

I will keep an eye out as I feel there must be another GB in me before Christmas.LBL

Put me down for this one now please - with the last two GB's you have arranged being the Dan Cam Smock and the HH fleece - the next one could be a Gold plated Snowmobile for £10.:lmao:

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
Thanks for the kind words guys.

Nitrambur - I believe that this version could synthetic version and not the 80% wool one. But by all means please enquire. I'll make some enquiries too. I could be wrong but you might have stumbled across something. The thing that makes me a little curious is they state "Or Similar Fleece Jacket". Even if it is a wool-rich one there is a thing to note - they were not all made by HH or by a similar quality outfit called Sioen. These non-HH/Sioen ones are quite plentiful but no-where near on par in quality. They would be 33-50% cheaper than the branded ones I am led to believe.
As LBL says - I'd be wary of the "...or similar" comment..
When I bought mine from Endicotts they had some of the 'other make' ones in as well - Kev said they weren't the same quality as the Helly Hansen ones and having felt the material of both, I'd agree... the pile on the non-Helly ones felt coarser, and slightly 'plasticy'...

greenshooots

Nomad
Oct 18, 2007
s.wales
just took del of mine from surplus and outdoors not badged as hh but says on label 80% wool 20% other in dutch must say for the money very impressed must have had the last 48-50 chest as not showing that size know

greenshoots

Highbinder

Jul 11, 2010
Under a tree
Ordered one of these fleeces a week back, pity it wasn't through the group buy but oh well :D Just killing me waiting on it arriving though

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
FYI: Although this is not a group buy now I have just had the opportunity to compare the The HH/Sion ones versus the 'lesser' brands (cheaper) - there is not comparison on quality and would not want to wear the cheaper ones. They might be cheap but they are hard/stiff, thinner and have a courser feel. Others might disagree but it is only my opinion.

Highbinder

Jul 11, 2010
Under a tree
Well mine came yesterday. Had to give it a wash as it was smelling a bit foosty (mothballs/petrol) from another item in the package, but it looks warm! First impressions are favourable, especially like the thumb holes. Going to make a great outermid layer (ontop of a microfleece) I think.

Do you think it'd be possible to dye it though? I've got too many green bits of clothing, quite fancy dying it browner or blacker.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE