Durdle Door Campsite

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

BeerHunter

Tenderfoot
Jul 12, 2012
England
Hi

Not sure if this is the correct area to post this, so apologies if not.

Anywho, the other half and I have just returned from a long weekend's camping at Durdle Door.

It's an excellent, well-run site. We camped in the (lightly) wooded area. Owls hooting in the night, and crows cackling early in the morning. Toilet/shower blocks were clean.

Durdle Door itself was only 10-15 mins walk from our tent, and there were lots of walks and trails to wander along (some across an MOD firing range, so are sometimes closed).

Lulworth Cove was a short walk away, and is also very pretty, as is West Lulworth (again, another short walk away). The Castle Inn there is highly recommended, and had a very large range of ciders.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Sounds good :D
One of those interesting names that makes me go and google it :)

There's a long running thread, Campsites we would recommend, could you put a link in there too please ?

atb,
Toddy

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
My parents took me to this site for my first camping experience when I was a child in the 1950's and I took my son for his first camp there too when he was a baby. He is now 46 and I am 71. I have been back several times over the years on family holidays, walking the cliffs, field trips as a students but I've not been there for a long time. You make me feel that I'm due for another trip down memory lane. Has my grandson been there yet I ask myself?Thanks for bringing back a host of happy memories.

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
We started going there during foot and mouth - it was either that or the beach at Weston Super Mare!

We stopped going a few years back and now camp inland a bit at quieter, considerably less expensive sites.

The walk between Lulworth and Tyneham is one of my favourites and I posted on of the other side a few months ago.

Richard

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE