Duku Chandongs

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

palace

Forager
Mar 4, 2011
NW London England
I Have heard from Ahmad Nadir www.outdoordynamics.com.my (mention on the junglecrafty web site) that he has a selection of Duku Chandong recently arrived

palace2009
[/URL][/IMG]

Prices vary from about £50- £60 I have a price PDF, I have no connection with Ahmad Nadir other than as a very satisfied customer who has experience of the honourable way he does business...

The email text as sent

Hi ,

I have just received some new Duku Chandongs .Please note that these are made by different makers in Sarawak , and not by Mr Budiman.

Pictures and prices are as in the attached files.

If you are interested, please get back to me asap . payment will be via paypal as usual.

Thank you and best regards,

Ahmad Nadir

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2012
USA
I have changed handles and am using this style now. I also have a Golok design.

20" overall length, 13" blade, 11" cutting length, 6" handle, 6mm spine, convex grind, 6150 steel, full tang construction. Sheath included.

f1i0js.jpg

jpdfk8.jpg

This my old old design.

adyhys.jpg

2m4ucgm.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

palace

Forager
Mar 4, 2011
NW London England
That looks beautiful, well made with very nice sheath. Do the bolsters prevent you from choking the blade as in a traditional Duku Chandong when you want to do fine work? also with a traditional design the blade can be gripped forward of the handle for more control when chopping.

Feb 11, 2012
USA
I can see where your old design came from. Looks much nicer with wood and bolsters.

Always liked the Ray Mears style so I made a few changes, especially to the steel and handle. With this design handle it will not slip when chopping and I wanted a guard.

Feb 11, 2012
USA
That looks beautiful, well made with very nice sheath. Do the bolsters prevent you from choking the blade as in a traditional Duku Chandong when you want to do fine work? also with a traditional design the blade can be gripped forward of the handle for more control when chopping.

I just hold the bolster for support or turn the blade around and grab the back and use like a draw knife.

palace

Forager
Mar 4, 2011
NW London England
I looked at the Borneo Parang when my Parang handle split however nipsip seemed unable to supply the Borneo with full tang. stew of this forum is attaching a full tang & handle to my existing blade.

However my heart and wallet have been stolen by the Jungle Parang made by FGYT

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE