Dual Survival!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dannytsg

Native
Oct 18, 2008
England
Just got done watching this and I really enjoyed it. Some good and simple practical advice and both hosts seem knowledgable of the necessary skills.

shortymcsteve

Forager
Jan 8, 2011
Hamilton, Scotland
I think this is a new season in the UK but was on in the US about 6 months ago, thats how they ended up on youtube. The new new season starts in the US in Jan IIRC

I'm a big fan of Dave C and watch some of his youtube stuff and particularly like the fact he doesnt edit out his mistakes. However there are some who don't like him in the US, partly due to his business approach but with dual survival because they think he lied about his military records.

He was quoted as special forces when he was an M.P who had done some some special forces training programs.

Why somebody has to be special forces to be a survival/ bushcraft instructor I will never know but I also agree he worked very well with Cody, I wonder if they still talk?

I think there was a little more than being quoted as SF. He said he was a trained army sniper but he apparently did a 2 week course, i don't know how many times in the show they say that he was fully trained. There was also a lot of other things Dave has said straight from his mouth that turned out to be total BS.
Cody posted a message on his website about the whole thing, he basically said he cannot work with someone he cannot trust. I don't think they talk anymore with the way he wrote things. I like Dave but he didn't have to fake being something he isn't, i think he already has the knowledge already backed up with a successful youtube channel. The whole thing was sad really because it is a good show. I wonder what season 3 will be like.

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
I was on bushcraftusa reading a post from their founder last night discussing why Dave Canterbury had been thrown off the site/forum, it seems he provokes quite a reaction from the other side of the pond too. Though on his own pathfinder website in the write up on the staff there it made no mention of his military career in his little bio if remember rightly.

v8mule

Tenderfoot
Oct 3, 2012
wigan
I not saying he never said he was USSF but I've never heard him say it in any of the stuff I've seen from him!
I have on the other hand heard the narrator say he was special forces / sniper trained and so on but we all know how tv likes to over egg the pudding a tad.
As much as everyone like Cody he can be annoying (very annoying)
It's still a good program even though the editor and narrator spoil it some what.

The other one I like is man woman wild but again it's all staged

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE