Drum roll......Buddliness Mark III

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
...and here is Mark III, in a mahogany based mix with hand-painted darker edges...with two sam browne studs and a quick dangler too...it was a complete pig to do and whilst i've got to admit it looks the best of the three that Mark II is my favourite...i dont think the sam brownes are easy enough to use....it doesnt grip as well as the first 2...and sam brownes always end up stretching and looking tatty after a while....so....it would be nice to know which one gets the public vote!

any questions or comments are welcome! regards....

a

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
See I like a sam brown mate,
My three inch leather kilt belt has them, no problems at all.
Top, top work, and great lines with those studs.

Best.

da C.

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
yo...me too m8....but a belt gives and stretches...as does ya waist when tightening....this doesnt happen with a hard handle....you have to 'pull over' to get strap on....once on it pulls back a little....slackens...and the more you pull to close the looser the strap will get too....and way too fiddly and difficult to use...its heartbreaking but alas....Mark II wins on practicality by a mile.

a

ps....theres already a new design with sam brownes growing in my head....maybe by Mark xxxvcxiixcv i'll have it right lolol!
See I like a sam brown mate,
My three inch leather kilt belt has them, no problems at all.
Top, top work, and great lines with those studs.

Best.

da C.

Last edited:

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
i'm a fan of sam brownes myself. I have having blades catch on snap fasteners, so I tend to use studs much more often than snaps. The only downside to them is the leather hole getting ratty and loosening with time :( I get around the loosening by pre-stretching straps (not really possible with that sheath though).

fasteners aside, lovely sheath once again :) Are you going to rotate which sheath you use, or are you going to sell on the 'rejects'?

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
cheers Sir D....yup i love them and granted i've not used them much in the past so yup i probably need to get used to using them more.....it just doesnt seem like they are the suitable choice with this specific sheath....look great yeah....but dont work well in reality....

sell them?.....dude....i ordered 2 more blades to go in them. i'm hilting one in another stabilised oak burl....and the other with stabilised bog oak....not revealing anything else for now lol! but for the moment, the existing GM is going in Mark II.

a

i'm a fan of sam brownes myself. I have having blades catch on snap fasteners, so I tend to use studs much more often than snaps. The only downside to them is the leather hole getting ratty and loosening with time :( I get around the loosening by pre-stretching straps (not really possible with that sheath though).

fasteners aside, lovely sheath once again :) Are you going to rotate which sheath you use, or are you going to sell on the 'rejects'?

Last edited:

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Snaps, can't abide sam brownes - they don't feel secure and I have had them fail with wear. All lovely, but would prefer the "poppers" on a sheath I owned

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
They're all crackers, but it'd have to be the Sam Brownes for me; I've always got on very well with 'em and not had any trouble with stretching or holes getting tatty, but we're all different, eh?

Lovely work all round, though, I'd be pleased with any of 'em!..............................atb mac

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
That is really great work. It has to be mark III for me. There is just something about Sam brownies I love! Thanks for sharing.

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
nice one ta red....seems me and you are in the minority....bet theyd change their mind if they tried to use it lol.

and mountain....leave me alone ya big bully! velcro lolol! blu tac???????????

a

Snaps, can't abide sam brownes - they don't feel secure and I have had them fail with wear. All lovely, but would prefer the "poppers" on a sheath I owned

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE