drop possibl pouch

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

FarPoint

Jan 15, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Does anyone see any problems with making a leather possibles pouch with a few inches drop from the belt? I want to be able to keep it on my belt while have a pack and hip belt on.
Most patterns and pouches I see are tight to the belt to keep them from flopping around but it is a pain to put the pouch on an off all the time.

FarPoint

All those who wander are not lost - JRR Tolkien

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Does anyone see any problems with making a leather possibles pouch with a few inches drop from the belt? I want to be able to keep it on my belt while have a pack and hip belt on.
Most patterns and pouches I see are tight to the belt to keep them from flopping around but it is a pain to put the pouch on an off all the time.

FarPoint

All those who wander are not lost - JRR Tolkien

I can see what you're thinking but I think it would bug me if it's bouncing about when I'm walking. I have a dangler knife sheath which is great for round camp but if I'm travelling I move it up to the belt loop. Maybe have a belt loop and a dangler ?

pwb

I can see what you're thinking but I think it would bug me if it's bouncing about when I'm walking. I have a dangler knife sheath which is great for round camp but if I'm travelling I move it up to the belt loop. Maybe have a belt loop and a dangler ?

I think the reason for the dropped belt loops is to allow the wearer to also use their packs hip belt without interference from the pouch.

Might be wrong though...... wouldn't be the first time :rolleyes: .

Cheers, Pete.

nolightweight

Jun 16, 2009
East Midlands
Shewie's idea seems favourite to me. Have the option; high or low carry. Similar to the SAS modified pouches late 70's onwards. Not much extra leather or work involved.

NLW

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Hi far point,my poss pouch which i made does the very thing you are asking,i wanted it to sit lower so i could still have it on my belt whilst wearing a back pack which had a waist belt.
I still use it even though i made it about 4 years ago.

DSCI0003Small3.jpg

And here the belt loops that allows it to hang below the hip belt of a back pack.
pouchloop.jpg

I hope this is of some help.
Cheers Stuart.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia

All my pouches are made in just that way

You can see how it hangs below the waist line here

499763359_851b859078_o.jpg

Very comfortable and no need to remove your pouch to put your pack on

Heres the newer one Leon1 made for me

2280474566_704af4a0b5_o.jpg

2280474944_eab59f4f18_o.jpg

Both my old faithful and this one sit comfortably below the hip belt and are very comfortable with or without pack

Red

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE