Drink-Safe Explorer.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bigjackbrass

Nomad
Sep 1, 2003
Leeds
I believe that the "Travel Tap" is an updated version of the bottle I carried with me on the TGO Challenge last year. A little heavy for its capacity, but couldn't be easier to use and had a very good flow rate. I still avoided obviously bad water sources of course, which was even enough given the plentiful supply in the Scottish countryside. Mind you, mine was a gift so I only had to swallow the water, not the price ;)

Not absolutely essential for the sort of hiking and camping I tend to do, but preferable to chemical treatments and a lot quicker than boiling.

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
the travel tap is on my "to buy" list, i can't stomach chlorine treatments for water as they leave me very very ill.
i've looked into alternatives and i like the travel tap option, at £26 its fair enough i guess. worth the money if your drinking from unknown streams tho.

spoony

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 6, 2005
tyne and wear
www.bike2hike.co.uk
Hi i have one, and they are spot on they will filter anything,
http://www.drinksafe-systems.co.uk/worldwide-testing.php
Top piece of kit and i dont think they are badly priced either.
Giles is a top bloke and does a lot for charity (HFH)
Huge thumbs up from me for a cracking piece of kit.
I have used mine in a beck thats polluted from cow poo and wee (lots of) and chemicals from farmers fields and other nasty stuff.. and im still here..just
Highly recommend one.

Northsky

Tenderfoot
Feb 4, 2007
Sowerby Bridge
Thanks for your thoughts, think I'll be getting one it's seems to do exactly what it says on the can as you say without chemicals and boiling goodjob

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE