Drilling holes 1mm or less....help

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
i used to use them for drilling stove vents. quickly got bored and through it in the bin. i just wpapped some ductape round the drill and threw it in my big drill. worked fine

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I moved up to one from a pin drill. I found it wanting ~ more likely a lack of finesse on my part ~ and went back to the pin drill.

It's not going to break the bank and if you find it's not for you, GIO :D .

Robbi

Banned
Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
just thinking of using it to drill small holes in leather and looked ideal as it's a one handed operation while you can hold the work piece without fear of a high speed ( think dremel ) jab in the finger !

grey-array

Feb 14, 2012
The Netherlands
I heard they get the job done, yet it is always easier to have driven drill like a battery powered drill as you will have more control and less stress on the drill bit so if you have one I suggest you use it, better would be to have a drill stand or anything that will ensure a vertical angle on your workpiece, but if that's a bit rich for you I totally get it ^^ as a student ^^.
better safe that cash to buy yourself some good drill bits and practice that steady hand, cause else you'll break a heck of a load of drill bits.
and remember once you're in and the bit snaps of it's back to the start
Yours sincerely Ruud

Robbi

Banned
Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
they look interesting, i'd be scared of snapping them though. i did find very stubby 1mm drill bits ( 10mm long twist ) but at over £30 a pop i didn't fancy it too much ! :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE