"download thread"?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Oarsnpaddle

Forager
May 24, 2010
Greater Copenhagen
Hi,

I'm often thinking that it would be neat to be able to bring a thread (in txt) with me when going out (I have an e-reader). I realise I can choose "show printable version" and then save each page of the thread as a txt-version, but that is pretty cumbersome to me.

I first discovered this option because I asked on Mobileread because a thread there was worth bringing along (it was a very, very long thread).

If you're a member there, you can see it under "thread tools", just below the "show printable version".

http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11052

I wonder if it's possible for you guys to implement the option to "download thread" in a txt-version? It has to be a matter of ticking or unticking the right box.

I figure I can't be the only one who might find this useful, but if I am, let me explain shortly why I personally would like it:

I'm hypersensitive to a lot of chemical stuff, and this includes most paper and printer's ink, so I can't bring a news paper, a paper book or a magazine with me when I go out. To be able to read stuff I have an ebook reader I bring along, but it's not always I feel like reading books or pdfs, but it would be neat to be able to bring some txt-only threads to read when evening comes.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE