Don't use HDNL for parcels - They are cr*p (IMHO)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
:soapbox:DON'T USE HOME DELIVERY NETWORK LTD (HDNL):rant:
SWMBO bought me a Metalcraft bending set for my Birthday on the 15th April goodjob.
Due to the original owners moving from Cardiff to Devon the original cheque didn't arrive so we sent a new one (original returned by the post office) :)
The parcel was them sent by priority parcel mail through hdnl (Home Delivery Network Ltd) http://www.parcel2ship.co.uk/acatalog/Home-delivery-network-UK-48hr-parcel-delivery.html :why:eek:n the 19th with a 2 day expected delivery on the 21st April.
Guess what...still waiting for it to arrive . It was dispatched from the original depot and arrived at their "hub" after 6 days and sent to St. Neots. Been in St. Neots since 26th April.
Still awaiting delivery even though I have rang them and St. Neots loads of times (no or automated answer service) & emailed their customer services person and managing director :banghead::deadhorse::aargh4: .It's only 10 days late (as yet) It should have been delivered before Easter so Bank Holidays not a reason (IMHO) :aargh4:
Here's the online delivery notice
MetalcraftParcelnotification.jpg

:deal:
Apparently there have been loads of complaints. I found a web page with the depot numbers (as they are not listed on their webpages) http://www.paulmcgrath.net/e107_plugins/content/content.php?content.8
Wish I'd read this list of complaints first http://www.ivorysky.com/index.php/2...umbers--Amazon-and-Home-Delivery-Network.html
Hope rants over :censored:....keep you posted :dunno:

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
When I worked in the M+S call center we had a specific dept for hdn complaints, nothing else, it had five more staff than the M+S complaints section. they are terrible, we gave out so much goodwill for there cockups.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I ordered a 1TB external hard drive for the inlaws at Christmas, they kept trying to deliver when we were out but they wouldn't allow me to collect from the depot for almost two weeks, This was after 8 missed delivery attempts and each day I would ring up and try to make alternative arrangements, they always said they couldn't allow collections because they were so busy, so busy attempting to deliver to my house when I wasn't in.
After we eventually collected, the box which it was shipped in was a complete mess, somebody had even been into the hard drive box inside and taken out the European plug adapter. I refused to accept it in that condition so they had to send it back to the suppliers. All in all in took almost 7 weeks from order to get what I wanted, a complete joke.

Last edited:

charleslockerbie

Jul 9, 2006
Aberdeen
Hate them as well.

I had a parcel i had to do a 100 mile round trip to get from one of there depos. Now how does that count as delivery?

hiho

Native
Mar 15, 2007
South Yorkshire
anyone found some one with anything good to say about them?

I've never seen a driver post a card without knocking, and sprint to his van as fast as the last idiot they sent to try and deliver a parcel that was a very flat router :mad:

Bigfoot

Settler
Jul 10, 2010
Scotland
Me and the missus have had problems with these guys every time they deliver to us. We groan when we learn that our online purchase will be delivered by HDN. Surely the retailers that use them must be getting some seriously negative feedback from customers by now?

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Surely the retailers that use them must be getting some seriously negative feedback from customers by now?

No doubt they will be, I expect HDNL are the cheapest option for regular courier delivery, if all the moans are with the couriers and not the suppliers I don't expect they care too much. I too have groaned when I've seen the courier chosen

ArkAngel

Native
May 16, 2006
North Yorkshire
Strangely i ordered a book from play.com and very unlike them it turned up on Saturday from HDN, I've never had anything from play.com delivered by then before......it may account for the 10 day delivery time instead of the normal good 3-5 days!

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
anyone found some one with anything good to say about them?

I've never seen a driver post a card without knocking, and sprint to his van as fast as the last idiot they sent to try and deliver a parcel that was a very flat router :mad:
Yep me. Our local delivery guys brill. As SWMBO is in a wheelchair he even bring the stuff into the house where she wants it putting

widu13

Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
I've had problems with them too. Many times. The last time was when I sent an item (via the company I ordered the item from) to my parents. After 14 days it hadn't turned up so contacted the retailer who gave me the tracking number for these clowns and I cringed when I looked at the item which said "in depot" or similar and had done for over a week. They claim to have visited and left a card when there was no reply, but the driver was unable to even begin to describe the road access (which is memorable) and claimed he went to the door to leave the card. He couldn't unless he scaled a 10' fence!! It had snowed at that time and no tyre marks were at the property that day (or footprints) so it was a downright lie. Then they had done nothing with the the parcel at all. Wasters.

Interestingly the drivers get paid per delivery or ATTEMPT to deliver, hence the strangely high number of attempted failed deliveries. Muppets.

ArkAngel

Native
May 16, 2006
North Yorkshire
might just have to knock play of the list of shops then :(

any idea who crocs uk use?

I wouldn't be too hasty, it was the first time i have experienced that. DVD's that i have ordered still come the normal way. I ordered Photoshop Elements 9 from them a few weeks ago and it arrived in 24 hours direct from Adobe.

I did a bit of reading of some forum pists on HDNL horror stories and some of them are really terrible....luckily I haven't had any issues yet except when they delivered when I wasnt in and it went back to Aberdeen Depot.....better watch what I am saying as I have a package that should be coming tomorrow (touch wood).

I hate how you often don't have a choice in who to use, especially Amazon, you make your order and then you find out its by HDNL. At least if it was by the local postie that would be ok. Surely with the level of complaints the companies would take heed of that and think about changing.

Also is there any reason why some of these delivery companies deliver when people are likely to be working such as between 9 & 5? Is it just down to the fact that they do not want to work later hours? Never quite got my head round that.

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
Wait until you all read my review of DHL's shoddy customer service and delivery. I thought Parcel Force was bad but DHL are really bad. As soon as I get it together I'll do a write up on how bad they are based on two screwed up deliveries. What's worse is I'm expecting two more from them. :( If they mess me about with these as well then I think I'll start a campaign against them. :soapbox:

hiho

Native
Mar 15, 2007
South Yorkshire
well the Amazon order is here as well as my crocs.co.uk order posted via TNT delivered by HDNL (yodel)

excellent friendly driver and not a bad thing to say this time :)

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
:red:
Good news :mexwave:.
Rang searched on Google for hdnl and some depot numbers in London came up. Excellent friendly young girl on the phone. Gave me head office number. Rang it and it just rang and then went dead. Rang back and a guy answered. Gave me the general managers mobile (not got it from him of course) and another managers personal office number. Rang at 10:50. Parcel on my doorstep at 1:20 p.m. :)
SWMBO asked for a late delivery docket...never heard of them :slap::buttkick:.
But IT'S HERE:240::mexwave::mexwave::mexwave::mexwave::mexwave::mexwave::mexwave:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE