Don't get too jealous...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
view.php

view.php

On it's way to me as we speak...:eek:): :eek:): :eek:): :eek:):

And i have to say, Allan Blade gives the most awesome customer service i have ever seen. Im so excited about this knife! :eek:): :pack:

Jake

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Tomtom, could i email you the pics! They are too good not be be here!

Cheers mate.

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
It's an Allan Blade bushcrafter with a satin rub finish, curly maple scales, and mosaic pins! :yikes: POSH OR WHAT?

I need to take Tomtom up on his offer of hosting the pics for me, as they're not working here for some reason!

jamesdevine

Settler
Dec 22, 2003
Skerries, Co. Dublin
Sorry I am now Jealous and you a have spoiled my entire day. :nono:

No just kidding. It's sounds like a great knife and I hope in the new year to get on myself. So enjoy it when you get it and off course give us a full review.

:wave:

James

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
James, order one now, it's a 3 month wait so it'll then be with you come feb. You only have to pay once it is made! Now i have a digi, all i have to do is figure out the software and the hosting malarky and i'll be going photo crazy for a few months to make up for my lack of photo participation!

There are also loads of options....you choose! I'll tell you what mine feels like.

Jake

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
YESSS!!!!!!!!!! Thats the whole knife (as you can see :wink: ) Here's a closer shot.

nuvl5

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Sorry to keep posting but a few picture probs... if they don't load up first time just refresh the page...works for me :?:

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
Jake I know you changed the spec for the handle from coffin to full tang but from the picture it looks like the grind is also a full flat grind rather than a scandi grind, which is the normal for a Bushcrafter. A full flat grind will be sharper but harder to sharpen and not as strong an edge (due to the narrower angle).

As an aside I believe my Runt will be posting next week so that is something to look forward too.

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Cheers John, i think i't will be nice having a change to my convex outfit! Do you have any full flat grind knives? What are they like?

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
I got adjustable carry (i think) and a firesteel holder. And a full tang.

(do you like my new avatar? :wink: )

James, im sorry mate, blame Magikelly!!! :rolmao:

jamesdevine

Settler
Dec 22, 2003
Skerries, Co. Dublin
Thanks for that I have decided on something similar myself with regard the carry system. I also would be more comfortable with the full tang as well but I'll have to talk to Allen.

Oh and I do like the Avatar but is a bit like rubbing it in. :nono:

:super:

James

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
Jake looks great. As you say posh :biggthump.

The coffin tang is really nice I wouldn't be too worried about full tang James.

Are they your pics jake or did allan send them to you? If they are yours then what camera did you get?

Enjoy the knife.

Bill

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
I would say a coffin tang gives a better knife. Just as strong as a full tang but the tang is better protected from rust etc.

As to the full flat grind I do not have any knifes like that. I would be a little concerned about the edge because of the narrow angle but it will make it very sharp and good for working with wood.

I'll be interested to see the Multi Carry Sheath.

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Cool, im sure it'll be great. Be interesting on how this knife performs with that rather unusual edge!
Bill, Allan sent them to me. I have a new camera one of those digital jobbies! My first digi that works! I'll get some pics up hopefully saturday!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE