Dogtags

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

marcelxl

Settler
May 2, 2010
Kamloops, B.C.
Hi All,

I was given a silver dogtag a few years ago but never got round to getting it engraved. Granted, its just jewellry and I'm not in the forces or anything!

Does anyone know what info goes on them?

Cheers!

Marc

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I used to wear some cheapo ones on exped and just had Name, address, next of kin and blood group...
Lost them in the woods somewhere....

marcelxl

Settler
May 2, 2010
Kamloops, B.C.
I would be able to get more info on, just I obviously have no service number and lack any real belief to note!

Next of kin is a good point and I am in the process of a huge change of address so I guess that could be stalled until we know.

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
Your name .
Name of your local .
What you drink .

Just in case you get lost , they know where to return you. lol

Craig...................

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I would be able to get more info on, just I obviously have no service number and lack any real belief to note!

Next of kin is a good point and I am in the process of a huge change of address so I guess that could be stalled until we know.

Always helpful if all they have to identify you by are the tags......

marcelxl

Settler
May 2, 2010
Kamloops, B.C.
All good points,

But "The Fishermans" & a list of various delicious beverages could be in order. That said if I can only identified by the dogtags there is a good chance that could have been the reason!

chris_r

Nomad
Dec 28, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
Use your NI number.

I bought some to wear when I'm out on the bike, in case anything nasty happens. I bought the round British ones. I have blood group at the top, NI number on the second line, surname on the third and initial on the fourth. Presumably, if the rozzers have to scrape me off the road at any point they'll be able to find my current address through my NI number.

3bears

Settler
Jun 28, 2010
Anglesey, North Wales
I cant remember where I heard this one... ties in with the thread though....

some old fella in the states, living in bear country has his name, and DOB tattooed on each of his libs and head, figuring that if a bear did get him there would be enough 'bits' left for him to be for the authorities to get a positive ID... grizzly or what!

( yes, I know it's a terrible pun, but I couldn't help it! lol)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE