Does anyone have experience with the web-tex combat knife? Are they pants?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

The Ratcatcher

Apr 3, 2011
Manchester, UK
I've had some Web-Tex kit in the past, and apart from the "paracord", which isn't the real thing, but is dirt cheap, I can't recommend any of it. A couple of guys I know who are cadet instructors have said pretty much the same. I have a friendly local surplus dealer who is of much the same opinion, who reckons its OK for cadets, but not for serious use. I haven't seen the combat knife, but if it's anything like the other stuff from them I have seen, I'd say don't bother.

Alan

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
i cant comment on web-tex appart from cam cream and waterproof notepads etc etc etc, all my mil kit is top notch, if its going to get used it needs to be relied upon, adleast it does for me anyway...

try asking over on British Blades, im sure some person would have done a review on it, or adleat have a practical view of how it performs etc...

regards.

chris.

The Ratcatcher

Apr 3, 2011
Manchester, UK
I've just been looking through my files for info and had a look at the Web-tex website. When you say combat knife, did you mean the machete? because if that's the one you're thinking of, I've got the makers details, andI've bought direct from them in the (distant) past. They do a huge range of cutting tools, all good quality.

If you're simply looking for a basic but well made knife, I can recommend the Glock sawback combat knife. I had one for years, and passed it on to a mate when I left the services in 1991. He still has it and it's still going strong.

It depends how much money you're willing to spend, as I got an Extrema Ratio RAO folding knife as a present a couple of years ago that is absolutely brilliant, but I think my wife must have sold a kidney to pay for it.

Hope this helps.

Alan

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE