diy under quilt info

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
yep- or a new cheapie square sleeping bag from the likes of tesco or argos. My underquilt started its life as a £7 argos sleeping bag. unzipped, cut on the diagonal into a rugby ball shape, covered in 99p a meter olive ripstop nylon, and channels added down the side for (quite thick) black elastic bungie.

Other cheap insulation comes from supermarket duvets, but is usually not in sheets- so you would have to quilt it.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
yep- or a new cheapie square sleeping bag from the likes of tesco or argos. My underquilt started its life as a £7 argos sleeping bag. unzipped, cut on the diagonal into a rugby ball shape, covered in 99p a meter olive ripstop nylon, and channels added down the side for (quite thick) black elastic bungie.

Other cheap insulation comes from supermarket duvets, but is usually not in sheets- so you would have to quilt it.

Thats what I have made mine out off a tescos sleeping bag, a bit of Ripstop channel each end sone 1" webbing a cople of spring locks and some parracord , I have left the zip in so I can still use it as a light sleeping bag, Have a look at the below link and post

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84745&page=9

Post 261

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE