DIY PVC Berry Picker

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bradleybuckman

Forager
Jun 25, 2010
Kentucky, USA
I came across this tutorial the other day on how to make a berry picker out of a PVC pipe. Whether it works well or not, I'm not sure, but I think I'll give it a shot this summer. It does look pretty neat on how it operates with the berries falling through the inside of the pipe and collected in the attached bag at the bottom. It could save your hands from the black berry thorns, and I'm not having to stick my hands into a place where a lot of snakes like to crawl into.

http://www.instructables.com/id/BERRY-PICKER/#step1

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Now that's clever, quick paitent it before it's too late. I like seeing when someones mind comes up with an elegant solution.
GB.

bradleybuckman

Forager
Jun 25, 2010
Kentucky, USA
That's a good idea and would help make it more portable. Whoever came up with this was onto something. Maybe one day I'll be clever enough to think of a useful purpose for a common item.

Clever idea. Maybe use a couple of straight joints/couplings and make a collapsible one ?

Maybe heat flare the picker end a bit so that you reduce spillage.....

Yes, I think that would be a big improvement and help avoid a lot of spilled berries.

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
Clever device!
Can't wait for the brambles this year!:red: last year was terrible for berries here. Never had so few of them.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE