DIY Battery Box and Solar Generator.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dontkillbill

Forager
Feb 24, 2013
PEI Canada
www.youtube.com
I like my primatve time but I really like my tech so I made this little project.

[video=youtube_share;vF55lJEvZTk]

This was a fun project but I will likely take this one apart in the winter and redo it with a better case and front panel. .

Anyway Covid 19 project completed!

250 dollars CDN gets you a basic set up and a 25 watt panel. I had some bits that saved money and then bought another panel (40 watts) for 100 more.

Oh the batteries are from Canadian tire and are for kid cars and UPS systems 7.2 amp hours each and I have 3. Gen 2 will have a solar battery charger in the case and lithium batteries.

Main use will be my cooler, back up power for gizmos and as a power supply to an old HF radio.

Dontkillbill

Forager
Feb 24, 2013
PEI Canada
www.youtube.com
Its a great way to burn through money and time :) Its fun. I actually acquired the stuff over 5-6 weeks or 3 pay periods. Solar first and an inverter. I used an old 12v battery from a drill to store energy. Then I found the 7.2 AH batteries and picked them up over 3 pay days. My next project might be wired to the truck.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE