Disgusted

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ilan

Nomad
Feb 14, 2006
bromley kent uk
opps forgot to say the badge is a "centre or club badge " which each area within the caravan club has ie south London , East surrey , etc

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Local farmer saw a car fly tipping by me in a local beauty spot. Too scared to say anything he took the number down and phoned the police. Police said sorry cant do anything its on private property oh and the land owner will have to pay to take it away!!!
No that p me off.
Dave

Jul 15, 2006
Nil
Local farmer saw a car fly tipping by me in a local beauty spot. Too scared to say anything he took the number down and phoned the police. Police said sorry cant do anything its on private property oh and the land owner will have to pay to take it away!!!
No that p me off.
Dave

I don't think the response he got from the local Fuzz was quite correct! They could have at least taken the particulars of the vehicle, done some checks on the keeper and then passed it over to the Environment Agency to prosecute. I once caught a chappie discharging the contents of a "sludge gulper" (one of those tankers that empties roadside drains and the like) into a sewer on a building site and the EA prosecuted him and the company.

There are very strict regulations on the carriage and disposal of waste and, as I understand it, in almost all cases the EA do the prosecutions for breaches.

marcusleftthesite

On a new journey
Sep 28, 2006
Most of the Ally is still there.I may take some to make windshields for my burners,although the way the useless law is in this country I'll probably be prosecuted for theft!

Jul 15, 2006
Nil
Most of the Ally is still there.I may take some to make windshields for my burners,although the way the useless law is in this country I'll probably be prosecuted for theft!

Nope. As with all "found" property, as long as you take "reasonable steps" to locate the owner and are unable to do so, you may take possession of the item and use it as your own - although should the lawful owner require its return, you must return it forthwith!

I'd say that if you were to go to the aforementioned pile of scrap, select the item(s) you might want and then call out in a clear, loud voice, "Does this belong to anyone here?" you would be taking reasonable steps!

You could even report the "found property" at you local police station, where you can retain the item in your possession pending collection by the lawful owner / loser. Unless it's a particularly high value item, the police are generally more than happy for finders to retain the property as it saves it cluttering up the property store at the Nick!

Sounds like a plan to me :)

tommy the cat

Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Surrey Yeoman, I am only repeating what it said in the paper about the farmer. Makes me sick it does as stuff is regularly being dumped there/ Dont get it its flipping easier to go to the dump! Did get a fermenting bin there once though which went home with me!
Dave

Jul 15, 2006
Nil
Surrey Yeoman, I am only repeating what it said in the paper about the farmer. Makes me sick it does as stuff is regularly being dumped there/ Dont get it its flipping easier to go to the dump! Did get a fermenting bin there once though which went home with me!
Dave

No worries Dave, I wasn't having a pop at you! Just saying that the local fuzz could've done more than saying, "nothing to do with us mate."

Good skills with the fermenting bin! I must confess that I'm a bin-diving, skip-digging, rubbish-tip magpie myself................amazing what people chuck out!

Another Dave

marcusleftthesite

On a new journey
Sep 28, 2006
It's being moved this week.Had an email from the council today to tell me they've visited the site and are making it a priority job.
Marcus

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
No worries Dave, I wasn't having a pop at you! Just saying that the local fuzz could've done more than saying, "nothing to do with us mate."

Good skills with the fermenting bin! I must confess that I'm a bin-diving, skip-digging, rubbish-tip magpie myself................amazing what people chuck out!

Another Dave

You need a pay rise...ever thought of asking for one ????:rolleyes: :D

demographic

Apr 15, 2005
-------------
At a guess I would say that someone took tha caravan shell off in order to make a usable trailer (I can't see the chassis anyway) which is what I did years ago to make a motorcycle trailer.

Of course I took the stuff down to the local scrappies and didn't dump it where I was though.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE