Disaster

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
Sunday morning was fruitful...extracted 100lbs honey from the supers...less work than normal as we have cut back on the number of colonies we are keeping.

All well and good so far...Then...

Decided to take a look at last years cider, and check on its progress after racking it off three weeks ago...only to find...an empty barrel...:yikes:

Myself and wellsy sat speechless staring at the cider sodden ground in disbelief...

All that hard work for nowt...

Managed to squeeze 8 gallons out of what was 55...the pain is still with me as I type...

On closer inspection found a worm hole right at the bottom of the barrel hard against one of the rings...:togo:

Woe is me...woe is me...

Plan B...50 gallons of nettle beer coming up...

I'm sure we'll laugh about it in 2 years time...

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
We feel for you, we really do :sigh:
It's the whole, what a waste, what a shame, oh ye gods that's dreadful.......kind of pain.

Huge sympathy,

atb,
Mary

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
count to ten, take some good deep breaths, think of a happy place, then have yourself a little cry. if we all pull together, maybe work out some kind of rota to make sure you're not left alone too much, i reckon there's half a chance we'll get you through this. don't despair my friend, 64pints still has the smell of hope to it!

cheers

stuart

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
Cider. My drink! I remember your thread last year on making the cider. I can't bear to imagine that happening to me.

On a smaller scale, the first time I made beef jerky I put it in a plastic bag and it went mouldy. And it wasn't a cheap piece of meat.

Geoff

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE