Different Blades

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
Master craftsman at work, amazing someone of that skill gets such an understated title, a Putter - someone who puts together scissors, makes it sound like any monkey could slap the parts together. I've never wanted a specific pair of scissors so much in my life, thanks for sharing the link

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Excellent link :D

I have two pairs of Wright's scissors, and they are crisp to the very tips. The kind of scissors that sewing grand-daughers squabble with their mothers for when Granny croaks it.

For tools that get used day in day out, they're really very reasonably priced too.

cheers,
Toddy

Last edited:

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Infinitely better than ballet, watching a craftsman at work like tht, cheers!

ill have to look for a pair. In the sewing box I've Whitelys, Wilkinsons and Nowils , amongst others. All but one from carboots or charity shops and with a bit of fettling as good as new. They make a lot of difference when cutting out, as opposed to struggling with some mass produced junk which was razor sharp out of the box but useless by the end of the session.

atb

Tom

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
The link came to me via the facebook page of Fabworks, which is a place where I buy fabric. Apparently they sell Wright's scissors; I'll have a look next time I'm over there.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE