Did you like the "Lord of the Rings" films?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Loenja

Settler
Apr 27, 2008
forest row
my favourite movie ever, great fan, would be interested to see it in 3d as is possible with new computer tech.
simply awesome

Bucketosudz

Tenderfoot
Aug 23, 2010
UT-USA
Most certainly! Wished there were more of that same style of films out. Rumor has it that Terry Brooks, novelist has sold some script for his book series to be made into films also. Might make for so similar quality films to look forward to.

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Thank you for the link. Very impressive indeed. I would have paid to watch it.
It's interesting that it's maybe 95% as good as the commercial production for far less than 1% of the cost. In particular, the cinematography and fight scenes are very well executed.

Loenja

Settler
Apr 27, 2008
forest row
but im going to have to say that after watching the hunt for gollum and born of hope i still think creating a full movie should be left to the professionals. especially if remaking or adding to a previous movie. but a really great effort and i agree with doc i would have paid for it

lucan

Nomad
Sep 6, 2010
East Yorks
I thought they were excellent films, The only criticism i have, is the amount of artistic licence they used in making the films, No mention of Bombadil, the barrow wights or the journey through the old forest.
Here's hopeing The Hobbit turns out as good.

It would be nice to see other Films made from the writings of Tolkien, Like The Children of Hurin, The silmarillion, etc all great reads.

bivibabe

May 5, 2009
loch eck argyll
Not watched that one yet, but I did enjoy http://www.bornofhope.com/ with the film also available here . BoH takes a small piece of information given in the books and turns it into a film. It's decent enough and goodness knows I've watched much worse so called professional films in my time. Will watch the Gollem one with interest.

Although while I thought PJ's films were entertaining, they messed around with things too much imho. If anyone really like LoTRs and likes chatting with like minded folks, why not head over to the hobbit movie forum .

Cheers,

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE