" Did You Know ? "

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mowmow

Forager
Jul 6, 2016
Nottinghamshire
Did you know...Stomach acid is strong enough to dissolve stainless steel

Your stomach digests food thanks to highly corrosive hydrochloric acid with a pH of 2 to 3. This acid also attacks your stomach lining, which protects itself by secreting an alkali bicarbonate solution. The lining still needs to be replaced continually, and it entirely renews itself every four days.
Human stomach acid kills 99% of bacteria.
Vultures stomach acid is 100x stronger than human stomach acid.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Wow
Reactions: Scottieoutdoors

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Did you know that it’s scientifically impossible to lomp hard water soft by lomping it with a telegraph pole. Science

Reactions: The Frightful

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Did you know that the moon is getting farther from the earth? The lunar orbit is getting wider at a rate of about 2 feet per year and it will eventually escape earth’s gravity.

Reactions: dwardo and TeeDee

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
Did you know that Michel Lotito after eating an entire Cessna 150 light aircraft was awarded a brass plaque by the Guinness Book Of Records for the Worlds Strangest Diet, which he also consumed.

• Haha
Reactions: CLEM and TeeDee

Redhand Jack

Tenderfoot
Jan 25, 2021
Devon
Did you know that Pi has recently been calculated to over 31 trillion decimal places, but NASA only uses Pi to 15 decimal places to put rockets into orbit, and it's reckoned you'd only need Pi to 40 decimal places to measure the entire universe to near atomic levels of precision.

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
Did you know that Pi has recently been calculated to over 31 trillion decimal places, but NASA only uses Pi to 15 decimal places to put rockets into orbit, and it's reckoned you'd only need Pi to 40 decimal places to measure the entire universe to near atomic levels of precision.
This is a neat illustration of the expression "Pie in the Sky"!

Lean'n'mean

Settler
Nov 18, 2020
France
Did you know that baby boys are being born with increasingly smaller penises. This is believed to be caused by the pregnant mother's exposure to hormone disruptors in plastics & pesticide residues in food.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Did you know…Andy Weir writes a good book?

I’m reading Project Hail Mary. This is from one of the ship’s engineers, Hatch. Relativity blows my mind.

“Do you believe in God? I know it’s a personal question, but I do. I think he was pretty awesome to make relativity a thing, don’t you? The faster you go, the less time you experience. It’s like he’s inviting us to explore the universe, you know?”

Scottieoutdoors

Settler
Oct 22, 2020
Devon
Did you know... That there is a theory that Winnie the Pooh and characters are all representatives of various mental illnesses and conditions.

I think one of the Winnie the Pooh movies touched on this, with the writer being an veteran of war...

This thread is v interesting, but I normally like making up entirely ridiculous false facts - like "did you know the tanks in saving private Ryan were actually balsa wood cocoons placed over 1993 Honda civics, with clever editing and camera angles it was near impossible to tell."

Mowmow

Forager
Jul 6, 2016
Nottinghamshire
Did you know that in the old west (1870s/1880s) one in four cowboys was an African-American..
Did you know Cowboys were seen as cool and were romanticised/idolised (can't think of the correct word but you get the point) back then as they are today. Everybody wanted to be a cowboy.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Wander

Native
Jan 6, 2017
Here There & Everywhere
Did you know Cowboys were seen as cool...back then as they are today.

Are you sure about that..?

images

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE