Did anyone see...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Roving Rich

Oct 13, 2003
Nr Reading
BBC2 Sunday evening 7-8 pm
The Natural world - Mississippi- Tales of the last river rat

I turned over at the end of the Antiques roadshow to fine this on BBC2 - It was fantastic, the best thing I have seen on the telly for a very long time.
From the BBC website link
Its some guy named Kenny Salwey alias "the last river rat", Who appears to live in cabin somewhere along the Mississippi, with his dogs, and lives off the land.
The Dialog was poetic, the filming fantastic, lots of scenes of him paddling his old canoe on the river, Shooting duck, fly fishing. Came across as a bit of an American Jack Hargreaves. Even the music was bloomin good.
Any of you see it ?
I missed the begining, so don't really know what it was all about. Better still anyone video it ?? :p
Check it out if its ever on again.

Cheers
Rich

Ranger Bob

Nomad
Aug 21, 2004
Suffolk
The Natural World is repeated late monday nights on BBC1 with sign language. I think its on at 2am (Tues), although this one won't be on till next week.

Dan

Oct 12, 2004
Canterbury
Hi Rich,

Yeah, stumbled across that last night completely by accident.

Didn't record it, but it was definitely worth watching again.

Roving Rich

Oct 13, 2003
Nr Reading
Heehee, thanks for the link, guess great minds think alike eh.
Glad you all enjoyed it too :eek:):
Plese let me know if it gets uploaded to a website. :roll:
Cheers
Rich

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Watched it at my parents house, my mum said "Thats you in 20 years that is." Nicest thing she's said to me in ages! :eek:):

R-Bowskill

Forager
Sep 16, 2004
Norwich
I caught it by chance and was glad I did. His comments about hunting / fishing / shooting were spot on. I usually upset the local hippies when I point out the 'sound system' they take for their perties was made useing copper mined by the big companies they protest against so they're actually supporting strip mining etc.

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
this thread is nearly a year old mate!? im not sure you will have much of a chance..
(you may wish to fragment your e-mail address so as the bots dont get it and use it to send you junk)

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
This thread died a death along time ago..... The main reson being is that here at BCUK we ask all our members to stay with the law of the United Kingdom. Digitising copyrighted material and offering it for download is illegal in the UK, posting links to such material is strictly forbidden under our rules and will only earn you a ban. So don't bother asking, you are only getting people into trouble.

Please keep with in the law of the UK!!

Ed

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE