Desert cam packs

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Buster80

Forager
Apr 12, 2015
Scotland
HI

There seems to be loads of desert cam packs about,they seemed to be made by a company called pri,not sure if that's genuine issue or not.

I have been trying to avoid dpm as I don't want to look a part time soldier but I'm curious as how the
desert packs look out and about.

Do they look military or can be passed for civvy? Do they blend in wooded environments or will I stand out like a plonker??

Cheers

Buster

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
PRI is good stuff, Karrimor SF by another name, really.......These packs are really robust and work well. As to whether you look a plonker wearing one I don't think anybody apart from yourself can be the judge of that :)

caorach

Forager
Nov 26, 2014
UK
No experience of the packs but being, often, relatively light in colour I'd guess the desert cammo packs might take dye to leave them a brown(ish) colour. Brown would be the obvious choice because the darker bits are a sort of brown so effectively you'd dye the rest of the pack to the colour of the darkest bits. That might work for you, and I'd bet there is someone on here who's done it if you ask.

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
Desert camo is going to stand out quite a bit in the woods. This is why MTP came about, the desert camo that the brits went out ith was next touseless once they entered the green zone, where they thus stood out like a sore thumb.

As for how it looks in civvi street. Like you got it from army surplus :p If in doubt, stick a rain cover over the top and noone will know what colour is udner neath.

J

Chinook220

Forager
Jan 7, 2010
Warwickshire
No experience of the packs but being, often, relatively light in colour I'd guess the desert cammo packs might take dye to leave them a brown(ish) colour. Brown would be the obvious choice because the darker bits are a sort of brown so effectively you'd dye the rest of the pack to the colour of the darkest bits. That might work for you, and I'd bet there is someone on here who's done it if you ask.

British army PLCE doesn't take dye, due to materials/coatings must people spray painted kit or got it dirty/sun bleached.

The packs are very good and comfortable

Regards

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE