Derbyshire (Edale area)

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
Snowy, Nicola just walked the dog and the drifts were over waist deep in places. I guess around 8-10" plus drifting. Roads packed snow, only 4 wd with decent tyres getting around, trains working fine though.

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
It was lovely in Hope/Castleton today. Mind I was in a landy. I'll stick some pics up in a bit.

calibanzwei

Settler
Jan 7, 2009
Warrington, UK
hey,

i go to Edale now and then,
do you do a "wild camp" or use one of the campsites? :)
im very new on here, i know nothing about bushcraft, :rolleyes:
i usually go canoeing/camping...
regards

Bit of both, but best if I find my own little spot out and about - plenty of hidey holes if you know where to look :D

robin wood

Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
cant you get the train?

doesnt it run between sheff and manchester?

We live in Edale 100 yards from the station and trains are running fine in fact I took train into Shef with Kids yesterday to the cinema. Finally this morning I went out and bought some winter tyres, now my VW T4 van goes up the snowy slopes as well as my mates 4WD on normal tyres don't know why I never got a pair before. Just need to pick up a cheap spare set of rims for the normal tyres to go back on in spring.

Jim_aramis

Forager
Aug 28, 2005
East Cheshire
I went walking up Bamford moor/Stanage Edge on new years day and the less frequented paths were hard going. My wife was waist deep at one point, it is stunning out so worth the effort.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE