Delamere Forest

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
but I was there longer.
I hate mossies.
Had fun though. A good meet and a great location.
Ideal place for a Northern Moot

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Why didn't I get bit at all?
I was around the same fire with Wier family and I am not bitten. The kids played around the lake and there is one bite between them. Thiamine is supposed to stop them biteing. i have looked at our diet I don't think we eat more vit B1 than normal. We do eat marmite though.

I have no complaints, we had a lovely weekend. And I have learned about camping next to lakes in july.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Why didn't I get bit at all?
I was around the same fire with Wier family and I am not bitten. The kids played around the lake and there is one bite between them. Thiamine is supposed to stop them biteing. i have looked at our diet I don't think we eat more vit B1 than normal. We do eat marmite though.

I have no complaints, we had a lovely weekend. And I have learned about camping next to lakes in july.

marmite is said to do the trick against them, eating lots of bread also seems to work according to some folk. I wonder if it is a yeast thing? May not have been the stags breath, could have been those chanterelles!

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Taking Vit B complex works for me as I don't particularly like marmite - IIRC VitB12 is a turn off for biting nasties and hanging sprigs of fresh mint (not polos etc!) in your tent doorway/vent points usually helps to keep flying nasties out. Pity there's no swatting smilie!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE