Dehydrator

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Is that so you can, effectively, preserve your food? Then just boil it up when you want it. Sounds like a good idea.

Great Pebble

Settler
Jan 10, 2004
Belfast, Northern Ireland
I want it to make my own trail snacks mostly, jerky primarily but I'd also be interested in trying to dry some of my chilli and curry based concoctions.

I've seen plans for homebuilt stuff, but the whole business is so dodgy from the hygeine point of view that I'd prefer to have as few variables as possible.

Realgar

Nomad
Aug 12, 2004
W.midlands
We have dessicators at work but they rely on Phosphorous pentoxide. At home I just gave up on any pretence of hygene and safety and I dry my meat and fish in front of the vent for the workshop - this is essential a cutdown plastic bin with a hole hacked in the end and a fan rammed in. It hasn't done me any harm yet but I do have to remember to shift the food out before I start cutting stone or everything comes out grey.

Realgar

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
Nick ,iI remember Cabelas had them in their last catalogue.
Check their website and see what they have.
I have got stacks of gear from them over the years and they provide a great service.

rb

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE