Defenders

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
You might say I am, on my 12th Landy, and 3rd Defender - that is proper coil sprung and badged Defender. The press seems to call any utility landy a Defender, even though as you probably know the name wasn't used until about 1990, before that they were just Land Rovers.

Dave

SaraR

Mar 25, 2017
Ceredigion
Oh yes. I've always wanted one. A 110.

ETA: But I get the feeling it would help if you were a car mechanic...

Last edited:

janso

Dec 31, 2012
Penwith, Cornwall
Love em to bits but; that dang tight right arm against the door, never got comfortable with it which put me off buying time and time again.
Very close to pulling the trigger on a defender double cab xs but the motorway mileage didn't make it feasible...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Everytime I get the feeling where I want one I go in a mates.
Its cramped, noisy, and the damn thing lets water in through the top of the door by the windscreen.

I was working at a local Landrover dealers recently and they even had a stand setup that held a sprinkler directed at exactly that spot to test them.

Oh and they also had it to test the new Jags for water resistance which I didn't think was a good sign either.

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
I had a series, then an early Defender 110 CSW which I loved. They rattle, they rust, they are not that comfy, they break down and bits fall off but they are giant meccano kits and have a charm all of their own.

Like bushcraft for most people on here, they carry the dream of far off places and overland adventures that never come to pass.

I've done the Japanese 4x4 and am now running a Discovery 4 for as long as I can afford the extended warranty. Best vehicle I have ever owned. Added the expedition roof rack because I'm not ready to give up on that dream trip yet.

Last edited:

Madriverrob

Native
Feb 4, 2008
Whitby , North Yorkshire
I have a 1992 200tdi 110 Station Wagon , love it and hate it with equal measure .......

91e5b6f5e65246d8c302fdad483a0373.jpg

Last edited:

srod

Forager
Feb 9, 2017
argyll
We own one, it's our only car. A great family vehicle, carries all the gear and no need to worry about mud on the carpets. A pleasure to drive and fun to maintain. I can't think of anything that I'd willingly replace it with.

32453819253_2197350c8a_z.jpg

Grebby

Life Member
Jul 16, 2008
Sutton Coldfield
I have a 1985 110 Utility Wagon.
It's a bit triggers broom nowadays. I suspect the only original parts are the bulkhead and front wings.

It's part of the family now. We couldn't get rid of it :D

Jaeger

Dec 3, 2014
United Kingdom
Aye Up,

Amazing! - I'd heard of the phenomenon of collective gullibility (tha knaws - like a space ship passing Earth and all the believers being air lifted up to it!) but I've never witnessed hard evidence - thanks BCUK. :lmao:

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
They are a much more comfortable vehicle and will do what a defender will do up to the limit of its tyres.

Totumpole

Native
Jan 16, 2011
Cairns, Australia
Love the defender, but never owned one. Been making do with my '97 disco which is a very capable vehicle(love it to bits too really), but it's unfortunately being upgraded to something with a few more airbags to keep SWMBO happy about the safety of the growing family.

daveO

Native
Jun 22, 2009
South Wales
Love the defender, but never owned one. Been making do with my '97 disco which is a very capable vehicle(love it to bits too really), but it's unfortunately being upgraded to something with a few more airbags to keep SWMBO happy about the safety of the growing family.

We've had a 300tdi 90 pickup for a few years now but it's is being ushered out the door in favour of an Audi Allroad now we have a kid on the way. It's done a lot of work recently though and she's not going to be happy if I have to stick a ton of muddy rock in the back of her fancy car :rolleyes: I can't leave it parked at my house anymore though as it's attracting too much unwanted attention. I get people regularly driving past asking to buy it and some that look like they'll try to avoid paying for it too. Even the guy who did the MOT test last year asked if I wanted to sell it which I guess is a good sign.

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
Coventry (and surveying trees uk wide)
Awwww, cramped driving position, noisy, leaky (water in and oil out)and prone to having bits fall off on a regular basis. I've owned 5 and really wish i hadn't sold any of them. Have a D-max now, comfy, economical (for a 4x4) and reliable. but it just doesn't make my heart sing every time i get in it.

Reactions: mowerman

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE