Deerskin Fire Pouch

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Schwert

Settler
Apr 30, 2004
Seattle WA USA
Ever since I bought the Twisted Dragon Steel from Darrel Aune I have wanted to make a fire pouch…..well this weekend I got around to doing so. I followed the same shape and size of an Otter skin bag that a friend made for me that I use for my sewing kit. I traced around it on paper and then used that pattern to cut two pieces of deerskin, sewed it up and packed it full.

firepouch3217zg4.jpg

firepouchopen3215om1.jpg

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Nice little pouch that....
Tis funny, I was only using my Dragon steel today. I found some true tinder fungus that I had brought back from Sweden last year and was testing it out...Took a spark first time.. Very good stuff..

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
Top work again Schwert.

I hvae been trying to find an Otter skin pouch like yours ever since I first saw yours, and failed miserably, I now know why, your friend made it. :rolleyes:

Schwert

Settler
Apr 30, 2004
Seattle WA USA
ulusheath13wb.jpg

Chopper, you can definately see that the otter bag produced the pattern for the deerskin. Daniel Kuehn, a leather magician, made the otter bag for me (along with the ulu sheath).

Crazy Crow sells otter skins over here, but they are not inexpensive that is for sure. I don't think my leather working skills will ever be good enough to work with materials as dear as this otter skin.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE